Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: District 9

WBadger
    WBadger
's Avatar

District 9

[spoilers="District 9"]
    Yeah, I kind of got off-topic from plot holes to unexplained aspects. I think you are just naming possible things that COULD'VE happened, and you're guessing. I guess this movie does leave you to come up with the explanations, which isn't always a bad thing. But, again, the whole thing isn't very realistic to me. This movie kind of takes an opposite approach to the alien species, I think, because aliens are (and should be) usually portrayed as a higher order species than humans. Sci-Fi is a great genre when everything comes together, it is at least somewhat reasonable, and most plot points are explained.

[/spoilers]

mark f
    mark f
's Avatar

District 9

The aliens' ability to use weapons is supposed to be due to genetics. However, we don't know why they were almost immovable when their mothership was invaded by the Earthlings, and it appears that the Earthlings removed most all of their weapons at that time when they were weakest. Of course, there's always the "Secret Info" reason: Payback in a Sequel!!

Malky
    Malky
's Avatar

District 9

It was good, really good, but best sci-fi ever? In my opinion it is not even best sci-fi this year as Moon takes that.

rice1245
    rice1245
's Avatar

District 9

Which i really don't think will happen. I personally am really excited and would love to find out what Christopher's next plan of action or if it's even up to him he may not even be the 'leader' maybe of that ship yes but i bet on their planet there are higher forms of leadership but then again who knows? that's why i want a sequel because there are so many different ways that it could go and i wanna know!

r3port3r66
    r3port3r66
's Avatar

District 9

just another short-haired, skinny person who likes games and science fiction...amazing!

spudracer
    spudracer
's Avatar

District 9

I STILL need to see this.

actrogirl
    actrogirl
's Avatar

District 9

The main Actor was great. This movie was different and that

MovieMan8877445
    MovieMan8877445
's Avatar

District 9

District 9
    Neil Blomkamp, 2009

Neil Blomkamp

WBadger
    WBadger
's Avatar

District 9

Rule #1: Never walk out and/or turn off a movie.

friendly-stranger
    friendly-stranger
's Avatar

District 9

Unless that movie is "Dude who stole my car."

D9 was entertaining, but there were too many cliche action movie scenes. I'm not sure if they were doing this to be ironic, or just because they couldn't think of anything else.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information