Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finding Anime Names & General Anime Q&A

If you wouldnt mind then what is the title?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

its maburaho

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hey, i'm new to all of this so bear with me if you can. a couple years ago, while the scifi channel was playing anime for some reason, i watched a movie that i have forgotten the name of. from what i remember it displayed a girl with a wing, one wing, she was human, and everyone else was human, atleast from what i remember. there was more than one though, it may have had a sequel or it may have been a series but thats all i remember, if anyone knows what it maybe, that would be sweet, if not its cool, just email me any info you may have

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You're looking for Rock & Rule, by the sound of it - take a look on IMDB for it (I'd post the link, but I'm still too new here to be allowed URL's)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

(My turn - apologies to the mods for orginally posting this in the wrong place)

I wonder if you can help me? I've been trying to find an old anime film I watched 5/6 years back, on the Sci-Fi channel's Saturday midnight anime slot. The film itself was a mecha film, but with the mechas apparently being the leftovers of a much older, more advanced civillization. The current empires have technology, but more of the piston-prop planes, etc, variety, and want the mechas as weapons in their war.

It opens with a boat dredging up a small mecha from the sea, shortly before they are attacked by a plane which shoots up the boat up and takes it. Much of the story consists of one empire having found and dug up a huge mecha, which the other empire cannot stand against (despite blowing it's legs off with salvaged high-tech explosives, during a suicide attack by a lot of smaller mechas who clung to it's legs and blew themselves up as well).
    In desperation, the leader of the second empire uses their own giant mecha (a legless, floating one with an energy shield), which has a direct mental control system that also sends people insane.

He destroys his opponents, and then begins destroying his own cities, ranting about how the blood will water all the pretty flowers, flowers everywhere. A soldier in the mecha with him breaks his neck, but the mecha itself repairs his body, and he continues the rampage.

There where also people with a sort of special power, who swung pendulums in small circles, and somehow powered a lot of the mechas (six or so were needed to power the first giant mech.)

I know it's not much to go on, but any ideas? Many thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information