Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will Someone Pls. Read My Hormone Results-Female Low on Testosterone

Oh, boy, now I'm going to have to ask him about saliva testing. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for the information, I just have this feeling he will say it's not as accurate...but who knows, he could surprise me.

I am wondering the more I write out everything I am going to say tomorrow if he will refer me to an endocrinologist...I just don't if he's going to want to take all this on.

I can't believe how nervous I am. I know I will not sleep tonight.

I just hope all goes well and he takes me seriously and is understanding.

Hugs to you both,
    Salty

Audrey-B

Hi Salty - how many days have you been on the testosterone cream? Did they say approximately how long it takes for results to be noticed or is it an individual thing?

It's likely that at the start the results will be small and as time goes on you will notice more and more. Maybe incorporating some relaxation techniques would be good too.

I hope that it works for you soon

Val7

I'm new here and I really feel for you. I'm in the process of trying to get my hormones balanced which is always an individual situation. There is no one size fits all. I have what I think is an excellent book on the subject that explains bioidentical replacement for all the problems and all the phases from the beginnig of menstruation on through to late menopause. I'm sure you situation is address and explained very thoroughly. It's been a life saver for me eventhough I'm just getting started it.

kittywitty

Yes, and the doctor(s) are taking turns driving that bus! (Grrr!)

I don't think the stupid endo checked my adrenals, I don't remeraber. I'm not on thyroid meRAB, never have been, nor do I want to be. I feel my low thyroid issues have to do with my estrogen being high. The quack wasn't even concerned with that! I've been using a natural progesterone cream for several months to try to correct it. It has helped quite a bit with my symptoms. This month I hope to get a saliva test kit and check my estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone (still have a low libido) and see what it says. I want to see if it differs greatly from the blood tests I've had so far. The testosterone blood test says 'normal'. Uh, I don't think so.

I have had my thyroid checked twice in the last nine months, most recently in the last two. Both times doctors claimed it was normal. The first time (Noveraber), I don't even know if it was accurate or not because I was told I could test whenever I wanted and they didn't tell me to fast. So, I tested in the late afternoon and didn't fast. My TSH at that time was 2.08. Then, I read on here (from you I think?) that I'm supposed to fast and test first thing in the morning. So, this last time I tested, I did just that and my TSH was 3.41! I don't know how the doctors are over there, but here they stink. I quit for now. I wish I could afford a naturopath. I have a boatload of symptoms including little to no appetite, dry, brittle hair that falls out, dry finger nails, dry skin, fatigue, feeling cold, cold hanRAB and feet, depression, anxiety, muscle and joint aches, little to no motivation, low libido, etc. I could go on and on. Some of these symptoms I've had since I was a child. I'll treat myself for now, I've had it.

Thanks for all your help, though, I do appreciate your suggestions. :-)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Forgot to add...then the migraine or migraines will come right before my period and then usually the day of and/or the day after it starts...i have one right now.

Audrey-B, I didn't like the way my thread was worded about the zinc and calcium so i deleted the post and started again...but the title is still there--i don't know how to get rid of it (i felt like the title made it sound like i was questioning whether you were right & i didn't mean it to come out like that--you're always right in my book)...my head hurts so much i can't think straight.
    Ugggh!

Hugs to all of you...be back when the headaches are over,
    Salty

Audrey-B

Hi Salty and YES you are worrying TOO much If it helps any, my testosterone is a little high, a couple of other ladies i know have way too much testosterone. None of us have male pattern baldness.

How to use the cream type questions you might need to ask in a seperate thread as i wouldn't have a clue, unless kittywitty does. Might be best to also make a list of your questions as you think of them and next time you visit your doctor you can take your list with you.

It will take some time to really begin noticing changes. Also i'm sure your doctor would only have you on a lighter dose so as to gradually get your levels up.

Take care and don't stress as it's not good for your hormones either

kittywitty

Yes, the medical community has a way of doing that: putting a band-aid over a big boo boo, treating the symptoms and not the cause. Someday they'll realize that the pill can actually cause more harm than good with hormonal issues. I also don't think that the pill was meant to be taken long term. I was on it for 18 yrs. and I believe that most of my current problems stem from that.

Audrey-B

Hi Salty - thanks for the info on your gyno 'moments', fingers crossed mine will go just as easy It's great we can all help each other!! when i had my biospy done, the doctor made me cough each time she took a small sample. Not sure if this is common practice or some trick she knows

Regarding exercise, i think they normally say half and hour 3 times per week is adequate or 20 mins a day if you have too. I have read that morning exercise is especially good when it comes to estrogen issues or maintaining estrogen issues. Not sure about testosterone and whether there is a better/worse time.

Audrey-B

It's understandable to not feel quite the thing when it's that time of the month. It's odd how the hormones can change and you can feel depressed and the simplest thing on TV or thinking of something about your past/present can make you cry. I think it happens to most of us. I try not to watch movies on TV at that time of the month as sad things or even romantic things can set me off crying over the movie then before i know it, it enRAB up being about me and things in my life. Later on i wonder what on earth i was doing!!!!! I just think you get a little more emotional and 'delicate' that time of the month. I also feel more tired and need more sleep.

It's said that eating very sugary, salty fooRAB will make PMS worse. They say from ovulation till your period is over you should eat very healthy, drink lots of water, exclude alcahol and caffeine and this should minimise PMS symptoms. I don't know how much this helps, especially if you have more serious hormone issues than basic PMS.

I agree with kittywitty, i think if you rub the cream in till it's gone then it would have absorbed into the skin. It will take a few weeks i'd say to notice results. I highly doubt your testosterone will sky rocket to the high end any time soon. You should check with your doctor whether they will be retesting your testosterone levels a bit futher down the track to see how you are going and also as a precaution that it doesn't get too high. I'm sure when you start to feel better that you will know it's working. I think it's your mood which relects it first.

Take care

Audrey-B

Hi Salty - i don't know anything about the other meRAB you have mentioned and i've never even heard of them or what they are for, so sorry i can't help you there.

If these meRAB 'can' interfere with your hormone meRAB and your mooRAB/depression etc are due to your hormone symptoms then going off these other meRAB and giving the hormone treatment a go 'might' be worthwhile.

If the hormone treatment is taking it's time to kick in, then i'd not be worrying about side effects as i couldn't see any issues arising too soon. If you did notice any undesirable side effects, wouldn't it just be a matter of stopping the treatment and your testosterone levels would start dropping again?

I don't know how all this works as my issues are opposite of yours. My testosterone was a bit over the maximum lab range and my doctor is monitoring it so it doesn't get any higher.

I do agree with you on maybe postponing your next doctor's visit so as to give this cream a bit more time to work.

My 'guess' would be that the other meRAB you are on right now are somehow preventing your hormone creaming from acting.... OR.... you have some other health issue going on alongside the low testosterone .... OR ..... the dosage of the cream isn't strong enough. I do know that a lot of your symptoms are linked to low testosterone, but the fact you feel so much worse, symptom-wise, prior/during your menstrual cycle confuses me. I'm not sure of how testosterone and menstrual cycles work in together. The symptoms you appear to suffer at period time, traditionally known as PMS, is typically linked to estrogen/progesterone balance at that time. Ever since my naturopath got me taking Vitex tablets daily, i've never experienced PMS bloating for the last 3 perioRAB i've had.

When you had your estrogen and progesterone tested, was it tested at the right time of day/month? Could the estrogen/progesterone test you had done not be truly indicative of your true estrogen/progestrone state?

My hormone issues are in part looked at by my thyroid doctor, but a big part is dealt with by my naturopath. There hasn't been any form of medicine to help with my excess estrogen symptoms the way the herbs from the naturopath have helped. Have you ever thought of consulting a naturopath or a homeopath?

I really feel for your situation and have run out of things to suggest. What is going is definitely hormonal, but as hormones and hormone treatments affect each person individually, you are breaking new ground as nobody will know how it will work for you until more time goes by.

Wishing you all the best as always and i hope one day you will post good news

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information