Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New n85 nam firmware is out!

Nokia probably won't fix it unless they are aware of it. Users who had problems should send them an email from the Nokia website care of Nokia Corporation.

i did the update on Monday. it's great. same as you i couldn't do it OTA and had to plug it in to the computer. it took me like 5 or 6 times and i had to let it freeze, say it lost it's connection and then follow it's directions (something like take off battery cover, then battery, then unplug usb....then plug back in usb, then put in battery and replace cover)

it was weird, but once i followed the reconnection directions exactly, i finally got the update. then the keyguard lock was acting up and something else. so i reinstalled the update and it worked the first time and now everything works ok.

i noticed on text messages it says the person that text messaged you instead of that you just have a message. i have also noticed it to be much faster in the menu's and after hanging up a call. can't think of any other differences right now and i don't know how to check my CPU speed. i don't have handy "anything" on my phone right now.

hahah i can hear the excitment gwapz.

What about settings? Did you lose any settings like email and configuration stuff?

I think that the several emails that we sent helped. The last reply I got stated among other things, "I understand how important the software update is to improve the performance of your N85. Thus, I have forwarded this communication to the proper department within Nokia for review."

updating as i type haha, i never had any issues with the phone but just wanted to do an over the air fw update.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

yeah man.. That was my only gripes on hating this phone.. the wifi connection time..

Now that its fixed.. I can't even see myself moving up to the N86..

No. Even building your own theme with Nokia Carbide.ui still gives you the newer triangle look.

With this FW i noticed a better 3g signal in buildings. Before i would always drop to 3 bars now its always full bars inside and out.

I just updated about a week ago to 30.019. There is a 30.101 available now?

Also, anyone with the N85 have the same issue when you open the slider and take it off standby- do you get that white screen for a second? So annoying.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re-install your F/W...

Not experiencing it here too..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information