Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

New n85 nam firmware is out!

This thread is for the N85 not the N95 like you have. Hence the reason why you cannot find silent flip.

I just got an N85 NAM, where on the phone do I find which firmware version I have?
    Thanks

Yea dah! Thanks. It was late. I did find the other thread too. Too bad we don't have the flip.

Well guys I hate to bail on ya but after three dropped calls when talking to THETRUTH and have never had dropped calls ever since I joined AT&T I just got mad and am sending it back to Amazon and have preordered the N86, betting on the fact that the N86 will be better I just hope I do not live to regret my actions!!!! :befuddled

i had difficulty in doing a hard reset also... the 3 finger salute (haha, i like that) worked for me. to do it, i think you need to power off your phone; press "3", "#", and the green talk button - then power it on

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i recently purchased a nam version black n85 with version 11.019 pre-installed. like most of you, tried updating with the latest fw to v 30.019 using ovi suite and had numerous failed attempts. i tried following the instructions to remove battery, usb cable, etc to a tee several times to no avail. finally, on my last attempt, followed the instructions again on rebooting the phone but instead of reconnecting my phone via usb again, i tried updating via OTA. that worked seamlessly! i've only had my n85 for two weeks and have not played around with it much before updating my fw so i can't really say what changes/bugs it fixed. one thing i noticed for the better was that it installed the dictionary app on my phone. one other change that i noticed, which i don't care about and actually don't like is that the volume icon on my phone now is not the ascending orange bars it used to have with version 11.019. now it's just a blue inverted right triangle. now, my questions:

1. does anybody noticed this change too? anybody has any suggestions on how to get the original volume icon back?
    2. maybe reverting back to the original fw will fix it, can that be done? how do you downgrade/go back to an earlier fw version?
    3. or maybe something went wrong with my fw installation. can it be uninstalled and reinstalled? how?

appreciate your feedback. thanks!

Just to let others know, the Black/Copper N85 now has the update available.
    I did the update and one ran into one problem... had my profile under my custom "Work" setting. Instructions say to leave it on one of the normal profiles, like "Normal". haha, oops. I reinstalled in case but so far it looks fine... can't see anything new yet.

you can get rid of the 'Share Online' plug-in I believe either through the Settings > Display menus or through the Share Online > Settings menu

I can't remember which one exactly but its definitely possible.

That doesn't sound too good... Is v30 still worth updating?

Finally.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information