Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T3 alarms

T3 alarms

A question I need some advice on please. If I set an alarm on my T3 and the machine is on powersave, is it supposed to switch itself on and sound the alarm?
    Mine momentarily switches on, there is no sound, then back off again and if I open the slider and get back to the home screen, the alarm sounds.
    Surely this is not a normal event? What is the point of an alarm if it does not wake up the machine and sound off? The only additional program I have installed is ZLauncher.
    Any help please?
    Doug

Additional information - the keylock is also on and it definitely brings up the screen with the "deactivate" keylock button on then switches off. Do I have to remove this keylock function to get it to alarm? Ta

T3 alarms

My T3 "wakes" up - even with keylock activated, sounds the alarm, and if I don't do check it (indicate done or snooze) the T3 goes back to "sleep" (powers down).

I'm not using Zlauncher (use Launcher X), so I don't know if there are additional settings in your launcher that may be interfering with the normal alarm settings.

fnagle

T3 alarms

I have been having the same problem with alarms not sounding when ever keylock is on. I am still using LauncherIII. Sounds like I should try upgrading.

T3 alarms

But don't upgrade to ZLauncher because that may be the problem. I may need to remove it and see if the alarm sounds then, it may be a bug of some sort.
    fnagle - can you confirm that when auto off is activated (you have no choice of leaving that function off on mine) and the machine is effectively off, the alarm switches the machine on and your alarm shows up? What about when keylock is on? I was getting a split second message but did not have time to deactivate it.
    Mine stays off and the only alarm indication I get is when I open the slider and the machine is back on desktop with icons showing? Then the alarm sounds. Pretty useless!
    Thanks
    Doug

T3 alarms

Ok, here's the status and what happens on my T3:

Power save - "power down" set to Auto-off after 3 minutes.

Keylock - automatic (gets set when power off)

Alarm set xx:xx time.

Alarm "wakes" up the Tungsten, shows the "Reminder" and stays on for approximately 3 minutes (auto off time) and then goes back to "sleep" (auto off)

If I press the "power on" button, the alarm shows up on the screen. When I press OK, the "Alarm" is cleared and the "Deactivate keylock" screen shows, and when I press deactivate keylock, the T3 is then "on".

Hope this clears up what happens on "my" T3. Your mileage may vary.

T3 alarms

fnagle,
    Hi again. A bit more investigation last night after clearing the machine back to factory settings reveals that as well, it only appears to do this after I have put the extra programs from the Palm CD back on it. I have only two additional programs, ZLauncher, but I removed this first before resetting the machine and it made no difference and the Belkin G700 Keyboard.
    Has anyone else noticed problems with alarms not sounding after putting on extra programs. There is nothing special on it, Adobe Acrobat, Bluechat but they are all on the accompanying CD.
    I suppose the only thing to do is to put the programs on one by one, then test an alarm until I find the culprit. Pretty time consuming!
    Any other ideas anyone?
    Thanks
    Doug

T3 alarms

Some more trials.
    Well, what a time I've had! I think I have now narrowed it down to ZLauncher. I have tried lots of different alarm settings and found the following:-
    ZLauncher on with "Support Attention Indicator" on as default launcher - no alarm sounds at all whilst off.
    ZLauncher on but with "Support Attention Indicator" in preferences off - no alarm or sounds whilst off.
    Disable ZLauncher (normal desktop) but with slider open - no alarm or sounds whilst off.
    Normal desktop with slider shut - alarm sounds and display starts up.
    I think this narrows it down to ZLauncher, at least on my machine. I have emailed the programmers at ZTEch in China to see what they say but I hope this is the program.
    Is it a known fact that the slider being open whilst the machine has auto shut itself off results in the alarms not sounding? I should have tried this last night when I reset the machine completely but got so frustrated with it I gave up. I have just tried the machine again with the default Palm desktop and the alarm came up.
    Thanks
    Doug

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

T3 alarms

Here is my update with a much easier fix. Yesterday I updated to LauncherX and the problem has gone away.

T3 alarms

Thanks, may give that a go. Was looking at the release of that before I sold my M130 and went to PPC.
    Doug

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

T3 alarms

Just bought it, hope it solves the problem.
    Doug

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information