Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"That's so gay!"

So lemme get this straight, I can't call someone gay, because of the homosexual community? I can't call someone retarded because of the mentally handicapped and the Mayor of Boston.? I can't call someone a pedophile because of the GOP? What's next?

For the sake of newer members, I will reiterate my position on homosexuals and gay rights. Gay marriage: I'm all for it. People wanting to be gay:: go for it, dudes turning gay are less competion for me while lesbian chicks usually look more like boys than girls, so it's all good. Having said that, get over the word gay being abused. Yall didn't invent it, and the word gay is not synonomous with homosexual, so do not presume to have exclusive rights to proper use of it.

BTW, Breeders is lame. I appreciate the gay crowd trying to insult us back. In all fairness, yall really should. But please come up with something good. Surely, one of you can come up with a better slam than that. Gay people, you owe it to yourselves to invent some clever, funny, hurtfull insults for us straight people. There are volumes of gay jokes in existance (probably invented by gay people), where are the comebacks? Where's the love?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"That's so gay!"

I believe that all sayings are derived from the times.

Take any insult or quick response that sums up the actions being commented on and you will find that there is a story behind it.

Think about "rule of thumb" or where "knots" came from.

I believe that "thats so gay" came from the time when being gay was something out of the ordinary. So its no super hard connection to say that when people use this term it is because something really out of the ordinary just happened.

I'm sure there are tons of things like this that you use on the daily without thought about it.

Why you would attribute some offence to it intrigues me.

When YOU let something become offensive, it is.

I have tons of gay friends and regularly go to gay bars for drinks and things and they take no offence to me saying "how gay".

Most homosexuals that i have dealt with recognize the separation of different terms and use them the same as i do.

Why would you seperate the term and make it mean something bad when it was clearly not an attack at homosexuals? And if it were used in context with homosexuals what would that entail exactly?

Hopefully tostig will help me with this one....

Toasty... if i were hanging out with you and i said "man you are so gay." would you be terrribly offended? If so, please explain why... if not also explain why.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"That's so gay!"

I've always wanted to ask, and I'll probably sound like an asshat... but...

Do gay people so to other gay people, "OMG That's so straight!" Since they are homosexual, that must mean that they would think the same way as straight people do in terms of liking the gender that they like.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"That's so gay!"

This thread is gay. If you take offense to that, you are gay. If you take offense to that, you are in denial.

Fuck. It has just become a common fraze to say. Like, you are retarded. Where is the thread for "You are retarded" being offesive? Or in this case, "that's so retarded".

WHO FUCKING CARES!!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"That's so gay!"

Gay people.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information