i have a 98 accord Ex coupe with 220000 kms on it. it was driving fine untill 2 weeks back when the clutch pedal was completely floored and the car won't shift at all. the mechanic had me put on both master cylinder and slave cylinder with new o ring seal. the clutch felt great and the car was shifting lot more smoother than ever before. I drove it for 4 days and the clutch went down on the floor again. I pushed it back up with my hand (it was a little cooler here in toronto that day and i didn't warm up the engine much really). however, after pumping the clutch for a while the pressure was back on and i could drive it around for an hour and have to occassionally pump it to make it work!!! there is no fluid leak or anything. the mechanic also checked and no visible leak watsoever. the fluid resorvoir is at the same level. so i know its not loosing any fluid. mechanic says i should change the entire clutch kit for $850 which i can't afford right now. i have already spent $500 on the previous job.

my question is could it be simply air in my hydraulic system? How did it drive all fine for 4 days then?
before the hydraulic gave up it ran fine for 2 years. if i bleed the system again will it be fine for a while u think? or i have to take care of the exhausty leak? sounds like a big repair to me