Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So where does my life go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Albo,

You still seem to have sympathies for occasional/"a few" trades. I still (and probably will always) stick to the analogy of a tracker being someone's house (the site owner(s) and staff). Trading (any) is a violation of that house. While I would not equate trading to feeling up someone's wife, I would probably place it somewhere around kicking their dog.

I would not tolerate anyone kicking my dog. Not even once. They just would not be welcome after that. If I decided to forgive them, they would be on very thin ice from that point on...
    [youtube]7VaT4VtaokI[/youtube]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

well, you are regret now, but that's not your first attempt to trade (a what invite, i mean), am i right?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I pm'd the both of you with links.

carve the canyon

Hey centuryfrog, first off, I don't know why you would trade, especially when you put all that time and money into your account. But respect for actually being honest about what you've done. Maybe you should write a 1000 word essay of apology and how you're never going to do something like this? Just a suggestion, a simple sorry doesn't earn trust back. If you really were a good user like you say you were, I'm sure the what.cd staff are reasonable enough to give you a second chance (invites disabled). Take it easy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Girlfriend"

Like losing a "girlfriend".

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post

I agree that breaking a site's rules by trading is disrespectful to the tracker owner, especially if the user in question has violated more than once...Although I don't think it's disrespectuf enough to go around and global ban him or end that users BT career over a simple mistake.

I know it's a lot easier to give somebody the boot and shut the door, than to take time and talk to that user into becoming a good member in the future...
    I feel that if i was to show comfort to a trader by talking to him, giving him a couple of invites, show him that trading is not the easy way out..that person will understand and take my advice and change paths in the future

We have to understand that most traders don't know many people in the BT community like we do and it's a little harder for them to get into the trackers that they want to get in, therefore taking the easy way out(trading) seems more convenient to them
    Although I bet that if 90% of them knew how things worked, they wouldn't result to trading

What i'm saying is that ignorance leads to making the wrong moves, and punishing them will only lead to more confusion. I'd rather enlighten them
    The easiest ay to enlighten them would be if FST got rid of the trading section and said clearly that trading is not allowed and also not tolerated. That's the ideal way.

However I have come up with a solution: what about putting a sticky in the trade section saying something like: ''Trading may cause serious problems, you may find yourself without any account, etc.'' Just a general warning type of thing...

Allthough, tbh, this section is filled with examples of what can happen when one trades, yet people still do it. Maybe my solution could help a few, though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TrollinThunder View Post
    It's not that serious. He was probably a great what member and will be even more so with his new account. I think he should circumvent the 1 account per lifetime rule and enjoy the site again. I doubt he'll trade ever again.
    Right now, he has just made an error in judgment. Some people here (possibly myself included) would consider helping him in the future if he made a [Req], if he deliberately circumvents site rules again, he's out in the cold for many, many of us who could potentially help.

He should make further, respectable attempts to regain that original account. He may be able to find someone there (eventually) willing to overlook his boneheaded move. He will NEVER find sympathy there if he circumvents (tries) the rules again. AND his new account will always have the possibility of being discovered and banned.

No good will come of this. If he was such a long-time good user, he should have some friends there.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by yankeezfan1 View Post
    You deserve to get your account back because you can spell an use grammar. That is saying alot in the internet world.
    Good point well presented.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Code:
     Look at this photograph
    Everytime I do it makes me laugh
    How did our eyes get so red
    And what the hell is on Joey's head
    And this is where I grew up
    I think the present owner fixed it up
    I never knew we'd ever went without
    The second floor is hard for sneaking out
    And this is where I went to school
    Most of the time had better things to do
    Criminal record says I broke in twice
    I must have done it half a dozen times
    I wonder if it's too late
    Should i go back and try to graduate
    Life's better now than it was back then
    If I was them I wouldn't let me in
    Oh, oh, oh
    Oh, god, I
    Every memory of looking out the back door
    I had the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor
    It's hard to say it, time to say it
    Goodbye, goodbye.
    Every memory of walking out the front door
    I found the photo of the friend that I was looking for
    Goodbye, goodbye.
    Remember the old arcade
    Blew every dollar that we ever made
    The cops hated us hangin' out
    They say somebody went and burned it down
    We used to listen to the radio
    And sing along with every song we know
    We said someday we'd find out how it feels
    To sing to more than just the steering wheel
    Kim's the first girl I kissed
    I was so nervous that I nearly missed
    She's had a couple of kids since then
    I haven't seen her since god knows when
    Oh, oh, oh
    Oh, god, I
    Goodbye, goodbye.
    Goodbye, goodbye.
    I miss that town
    I miss the faces
    You can't erase
    You can't replace it
    I miss it now
    I can't believe it
    So hard to stay
    Too hard to leave it
    If I could I relive those days
    I know the one thing that would never change
    Goodbye, goodbye.
    Goodbye, goodbye.
    Look at this photograph
    Everytime I do it makes me laugh
    Everytime I do it makes me...

If I were you though i'd make a TV worthy misery video of myself and post it on youtube before making this thread,that way it would be easier for the holier than thous to ignore all else and maybe have fun for once.Trust me,at the very least its therapeutic,plus it may lead to good things depending on how miserable you'll appear on the video .

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

well what can i say. i f'ed up. i just lost my what.cd account of 2 years, and it was my life. i cant tell you how many endless hours i spent reading album reviews, scouring the collages and forums for that perfect track. i boasted to all my music loving friends about my enormous collection and how i could get anything in just a few clicks. i bought albums just upload them for the request bounties. ahh...those dreamy nights, me and what laying there together, tired from running through the fields all day together.

But the love affiar ended as all good things do. i got greedy and tried to trade invites for an invite to bitme and got caught.i came back to my computer to find my account logged out and the big red letters directing me to the irc. i joined and tried to be as honest with them as i could. i told them exactly what i did and where and why. but they said they dont trust me anymore and showed me the door. now im just sitting here dumbstruck as to what just happened. to be perfectly honest i didnt realize it was so frowned upon but ignorance isnt an excuse.

so now what. i feel so naked and empty, like my girlfriend just dumped me. has anyone had any experiences with the staff there? do they ever forgive and forget? or should we start seeing other people.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information