Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    cheezygrits

Poetry...I have began to write some poetry how do you copy write a poem; or stop...

...plagiarism? I was challenged to begin writing poetry...after a few attempts I was able to write a few really nice ones...I have given them out as gifts and for evaluations and got honest really good feedback.

...a thought came to me (maybe selfish I am not sure) but what if someone claimed the poem as their own and sought to publish it, I would have no defense....maybe I am paranoid, I tried to shake the thought but it keeps reoccurring.....

....so what do you think please give me your thoughts...I will repay with THUMBS UPS...I promise....you may even get a "Best Answer" ... smile

please give some advise

bermbits
    The mere fact that you have written it, put your words to paper, already copyrights it. Unfortunately, your fears are well-founded. I had a small piece in a Chicken Soup book, and it's out there on many sites (actually, I am flattered; it doesn't bother me).

Anyhow, check out: http://www.copyright.gov/ That site will answer all your questions. I believe instead of doing one at a time, you can put all your work in a "book," and one copyright will do it. Check it out.

Robert Harrison
    For a start do not submit your poetry to Y/A, but submit them to a reputable site like AuthordsDen.com. where your poems are automatically copy write. (This is a paid site). If you consider your poetry up to the standard of being plagiarized you are automatically covered. Going through the courts can be an expensive and lengthy process, so you have to ask yourself what has been the response to my poetry. If you wish to contribute to Y/A then remember that there are few poets on this site who are qualified enough to give a professional opinion. You are more than likely to get such comments as Omg or Jeez that was good, or you may be highly praised with Gee I wish I could write like you. All honest comments but obviously a little more is expected.

Robert

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information