Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Lakehouse Film

I might sound really simple here, but I have just watched the Lakehouse starring Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves, and although I thought the film was good, I don't really understand the whole idea of living two years apart and yet still meeting up?? (if that makes sense..)
    Anyone seen this film and is able to enlighten me?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Lakehouse Film

KR has to wait two years to see SB, but the film skips over them. The alterations to the timeline create several paradoxes but the film is a fantasy and I don't think it's meant to be taken very seriously.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Lakehouse Film

yeah I kinda know it is a fantasy but I hate being confused at films.. (I'm easily confused..lol)
    Just thought there would be some kind of explanation to it that I was missing
    Thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Lakehouse Film

The films was quite good but Keanu Reeves usual horrible acting drags the film down

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Lakehouse Film

Its the fact that KR dies right at the start - start point in time - that enables them to catch up with eachother. In the 'original' timescape he dies and therefore his time no longer continues, so there are not two of him. SB in a sense, looks back over the last two years of his life (obviously contacting him too etc and laying down new memories, which he becomes aware of too). Her warning to him stops him from dying and then we are at the start point again. This means that he continues into the same time slot as SB.

I really enjoyed it and I like Keanu Reeves - don't see any problems with his acting!!

The Lakehouse Film

I loved it, I wasn't expecting to, seeing as Keanu is a very wooden actor, but I did, I thought it was rather whimsical and just the sort of film to uplift you with a feel good factor/happy ending.

The time difference thing held my interest far longer than I thought it would. It was good to see a romantic drama that was rather old fashioned and took its time to tell the story rather than the usual girl meets boy drudge fest you get these days sorta like the Meg Ryan stuff before she decided to be a "serious" actress.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information