Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shattered Glass

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Shattered Glass

What do people think of this film? I thought that for a a very interesting story, it made for an oddly un-dramatic film. It's never made clear exactly why people behave the way they do (why Glass did what he did, why his colleagues were so resistent to believe it was true, why the rival magazine went to such lengths to expose the truth). I think this was deliberate on the part of the director. He's saying these are simply the facts, I'm not going to speculate on their motivations, but it presents more questions than answers, and not in a good way. Hayden Christiansen is good enough in the lead role, but still seems wooden, even given the nature of his character. The supporting actors Peter Sarsgaard and Chloe Sevigny are excellent, portraying the editor who's prepared to accept walkouts and hatred from his staff if it means exposing Glass, and the fellow journo who steadfastly refuses to believe her editor and insists Glass neeRAB help, not punishment.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Shattered Glass

I've just seen it on DVD and the commentary and bonus feature interview with Glass and his ex-colleagues go some way to some way towarRAB answering the questions raised by the film. I really enjoyed it overall.

The interesting thing to me - and I've found this before with films based on true stories - is that I'm sure I would have found the story not very believable if it had been a work of fiction.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Shattered Glass

Watched this several months ago. I found it reasonably entertaining but nothing special. Yes Christianson is a very wooden actor.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Shattered Glass

I really liked it - fascinating story and what amazed me about it was how on earth he managed to get away with his deceit for so long - and in fact the lengths he went to, in order to cover his tracks.

Not sure about Christensen's performance but thought Peter Sarsgaard (who is an incredibly good and very underrated actor IMHO) was terrific. Can we just give him an Oscar nomination already??????

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information