Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    ffej

I got into a car accident my car insurance doesn't want to pay my car repair bec. it...

...was 100% my fault? ? I was driving at about 60-70 mph and when i tried to change lane, i lost control of the wheel and hit my car twice on the rail wrecking almost half of the front car (by the way it rained that night, and my car is covered with ice that morning which i waited for a few minutes to heat it up). My insurance notified us that they are not paying for my car repair because it was 100% my fault. what do i do? do i have to hire a lawyer to settle this one? if so do i have a chance in winning?

entidtil
    (In the USA) Fault here (as in most cases)doesn't matter. If you have liability insurance, that will pay for the guard rail.
    if you have collision insurance, that will pay for repairs to your car (after you pay any deductible you may have)

Without any of those coverages, you are SOL

Luna & Lawnboy
    If you only have liability coverage, then of course they will not pay for the damage to your vehicle. If you have collision coverage, they should be paying you. If you have what is called "limited collision", they will not pay you. This coverage will pay if you are 50% or less at fault for an accident.

Read your policy, or have the claims rep explain why they are denying your claim. You should have an arbitration clause on your policy which allows you to dispute your insurance company's decision.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information