Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Comus' 1001 Albums you should listen to before you die

Album 940

Enslaved - Mardraum: Beyond the Within
    Year: 2000

The best black metal album ever made.
    The best metal album ever made.
    The best album ever made.
    The best album ever.
    The best album.
    The best.

11 Choice Tracks: St

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Album 970

The Clash - Sandinista!
    Year: 1980

6 sides of pure, experimental Clash. This is just pure awesome from The Magnificent Seven to ShepherRAB Delight. Yeah 2 hours and 24 minutes of brilliance. You get the point. The album that was released at cut price due to Clash cutting their own royalties from the album is well worth the massive amount of time you're undoubtedly going to have to dedicate to it. People who criticise it only really say that there's "one good album hidden in all of this". Yeah, that's not really a criticism now is it? I'll argue that there's not 1 good album in it all, becuase it is so, so, so much better with everything in it. And as such can only really be a good triple album. This is an experience that cannot be missed, and should be treated as such. Listen to it when you have the time to sit through it all, believe me, it's worth it.

3 Choice Tracks: The Magnificent Seven, Somebody Got Murdered, Police On My Back

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Album 982

Windir - Arntor
    Year: 1999

Sognametal! Well, it's really just black metal with a folk twinge. This is the first proper black metal album on the list and even then it's not quite there, but don't worry there's still time. This album is timeless, and absolutely brilliant. There's a reason the band has such a dedicated fanbase with significantly larger scrobbles per listener than pretty much any band, especially one with as long songs as they do have. This album features one of the most amazing tracks in black metal history. Saknet, 10 minutes long yet it feels like 2. This is an album you just never want to finish. Listen to it at any time, and when do you put it on again, and again and again.

3 Choice Tracks: Arntor, Ein Windir, Kong Hydnes Haug, Saknet

That's another 10! Which means another compilation will come soon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could I get an up or a link to that Quest for Fire album pretty please?

I don't hate you btw.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just got Agitation Free on Comus' recommendation .. Gonna give it a listen now while I do the dishes.

It better be good!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

mad capsules and Bush, brilliant, Tore really rates that album aswell but I don't have it, my favourite has always been Never For Ever. It's almost a dilemma that someone can be such a great and uncanny composer and songwriter whilst probably being the sexiest sack of bones to ever don a leotard... you just don't get that all-rounder quality in your female solo artists today. Except for one who shall not be named .

Only takes a couple of youtube interviews to realise she is as mad as a barrel of mountain goats though

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Album 987

Comus - First Utterance
    Year: 1971

Jangly, psychedelic and downright scary music makes this a must listen experience. Yes, it's my namesake Comus' first, and in my mind only, effort. The ability to make acoustic instrumentation sound so heavy is just amazing. The themes tackled are even more profound, violence and rape to name just two. It's an album that I've put off reviewing, and I can't see myself actually ever doing so, it has a certain grip on me and I can't really get past that to be able to properly talk about it. Everything is just perfect in my eyes, especially Drip Drip. However for such a strange album, there is a lot of beauty to be found, especially on the Herald which is the perfect juxtaposition to Drip Drip. Anyways, this is just an album to listen to, no matter what on earth you're doing it will work with this album, or at least you will make it work.

3 Choice Tracks: Diana, Drip Drip, The Bite

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great album, often passed over by casual fans and critics, Sandinista is as you noted experimental Clash at it's best. There is a lot of filler, although that's the wrong word for a song or songs on a triple album, still it's hard to resist delving into the bizarre and experimental rap and country rock songs on the album. Especially 30 years later.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Woah that guy looks like the guy from Nirvana at first glance. Not Foo Fighter guy but the other one.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This was beautiful. A complete work. Thanks for the post. I am not the biggest fan of post-rock but this definately changed my opinion on the genre and the band. Where should i go next after this cd with GSYBE? I have quite a few other post-rock albums but mainly just the usual ones... e.g. takk, agaetis byjun, some mogwai stuff, explosions in the sky

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information