I'm 22 years old and have been with my son's father since I was 18. We are the same age, have known each other and been close friends since we were 12. We were never married legally but I literally lived my life as a wife, and my son who's 3 sees us as a family unit. That's what im upset about. I can get over my ex, but I won't be able to get over the thought that I'm depriving my child of a "healthy, normal family". When I got pregnant I completely changed my life around, whereas his life hasn't changed a single bit. he goes away for weeks at a time on road trips with the boys, literally gets hammered every single friday and saturday night, got a DUI 3 weeks after our son was born.. he calls me names and humiliates me, cheats on me and lies about EVERYTHING. The thing is I can't decide which is better. Us being apart forever and my son having to deal with the fact that his parents dont get along, or us being a family together but fighting on and off. i really thought i was going to be different than most teens and make a life out of this, but now i feel like a complete teenage parent failure.