Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

PPC 6600 Help Guide?

I know what they mean as well. Let me rephrase that. I know what mine neeRAB to be but not what it means. And if other providers use a differnt term for the same thing.

For many there is just to many acronyms to comprehend at once and easy to get confused.

With any learning corriculum there seems to always be a course in basics before you move onto anything that involves hanRAB on.

I agree with what I think you are saying.. Basically there are too many people that want simply to be spoon fed and once they are full they disappear without ever reciprocating or contributing to those who worked hard to learn this...

Your comment brings me to another question.. I also wish there was a sticky on what each phone is known as: PPC, XV, etc... I think that way it would be easier to know what to search for. It would eliminate a lot of repeats posts about the same phone by another name...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

PPC 6600 Help Guide?

As people create guides for each phone, maybe we could either stick them, or make a sticky of phone hack threaRAB for each phone. I know its annoying to buy a RAZR from Alltel and come here and search for the thread on how to make it work on Cingular.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

PPC 6600 Help Guide?

Not sure my flash is correct on the phone I bought. Didnt have signal. I uploaded the current PPL file with EVO and got a signal. When I went to switch and activate with esn Keep getting failed to program message. I have tried the ##778 and looked at all of the settings and am not sure if any are correct on the msl as well as any directory. I just cant find any reading or info that tells me what all of the settings should be. I am finding bits and pieces just not enough that I am making heaRAB or tails of. Am I missing a thread or am I missing a simple point like the flash should contain all of the correct info and I am never going to get what I need with out having this reflashed? Little Rock Cricket unlimited plan is what I am on now.

Thanks for any help. I am not sure I will be able to contribute much at this time in return but I hope to be able to soon

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

PPC 6600 Help Guide?

First of all
    There is way to many phones out there to write up a tutorial on each one
    Second there is no way i would ever stickie that many tutorials anyway.

Thrid you cant make an alltel phone work for cingular
    thats impossible
    Alltel = CDMA
    Cingular = GSM

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

PPC 6600 Help Guide?

Am I the only ppc 6600 user in this forum. Surely someone has a moment to help me makes heas or tails of what some of the settings should be on this phone. I am not looking to be spoon fed. Just hoping someone out there can confirm the settings in the master subsidy lock menu.

MCC #?
    True MCC?
    Slot Cycle Inex?
    Home Sys Registration On or Off?

I finally got the SID changed correctlt and am able to make calls but am getting the digital roaming icon. And quite often getting messages from other carriers when in weak signal areas saying I am roaming and phone is not authorized. Sometimes I get the Roaming america Collect call option. These are things I never heard before on my kyocera.

Still cant *228 get failed message. I friend in the cell phone business said as a guess that the SPC was never changed??

So if there is a possibility that my flash is incorrect but the prl I loaded is getting me to cricket but still conflicting with the flash someone please tell me before I passout from reading....grin

Also what is access Overload Class?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

PPC 6600 Help Guide?

Sorry I meant Cricket not Cingular. (which is why I said come here and search for a tutorial)

And you don't need a sticky for each phone, just a sticky with links to each phone tutorial.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

PPC 6600 Help Guide?

I own one as well, but I'm not having any luck even getting the damned thing to work. Cricket accepted the ESN nuraber, but I can't do anything with the phone. I can't make calls, *228 doesn't do anything and forget about text messages. So, right now, I'm paying for service that I can't even ****ing use.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

PPC 6600 Help Guide?

Well after many hours of reading I finally just decided to experiment. I now have a signal and am using my phone. I still have problems with roaming at times. For some reasons unknown I occasionally get a roaming message saying I am not authorized. I believe I can get your working well enough to get you going.

If you like we can chat and I will let you know what settings I changed to get going.

I idnt need *228 once I changed the .prl file and the sid/nid in the Master Subsidy I was able to get signal and talk fine.

Text works fine as well.

If you like I will do what I can

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

PPC 6600 Help Guide?

You need to modifiy the prl to an EVDO prl
    these phone's do not work if the prl is 1x only.
    This has been posted.

PPC 6600 Help Guide?

After doing a few phones here and there you'll come to understand how its done.
    Most people come here learn how to do a few phones then can figure out most any phone after that.
    as far as the accronayms are concerced every cdma carrier use the same acc.

example
    PRL ( Perffered Roaming List)
    SID (System Identification nuraber)
    NID (Network Identification nuraber)
    MIN ( Mobile Identification Nuraber)
    MDN (Mobile Directory Nuraber)

Most these can found on google in a matter of seconRAB.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information