Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

'Naruto' Manga Chapters 1-244/Volumes 1-27 [Talkback; Spoilers]

Story and art: Masashi Kishimoto

Twelve years ago a demon fox with nine tails attacked The Villiage Hidden in the Leaves but the heroic Fourth Hokage defeated and at the cost of his own life, sealed the spirit of the fox within a newborn boy. Twelve years later, Naruto Uzumaki begins his quest to become Hokage of the Villiage Hidden in the Leaves and earn he respect of her people but little does he know a sinister agenda born even before his time involves the demon sealed within him.

This talkback is for discussion of the first twenty-seven volumes of the Manga. Future talkbacks will be made when new volumes are released in English by Viz Media.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've recently acquired the final three volumes of this half of the Manga and to be honest I'm left only frustrated and displeased. Sasuke's decision to train under Orochimaru in order to kill his brother says something about his character I do not like, to be honest. Did Sasuke ever think that maybe his brother was lying about lying about being the good brother to him that he was (and I must say, Itachi was a darn fine brother)? Seems to me that Itachi has a hidden agenda and it isn't spurring Sasuke to hate him so that he could be a challenge for him. I mean God, if he wanted a challenge then why not fight The Third, the Sannin, or friggin' Kakashi? Looking at the comments he made about how the Uchiha had lost their way and forgotten they were charged with protection of the viliage I wonder what Itachi will think of Sasuke's abandoning of the village. Was Itachi supposedly a gung-ho patriot or was I reading too deeply into those comments he made?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, i thought that at first too, but after actualy reading the manga of the second half, i canwas see why him leaving necesary, or at least i dont think the second half would be as entertaining if he hadnt left.

plus, he has some "interesting" comrades in part two, and Sasuke is very cool with the snakes he keeps busting out all the time, which he couldnt have goten withought Oro's training.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I figured that since there was a lot of new and current Naruto Manga talk that it would only be right to make a topic where people can talk about the early volumes of Naruto since it seems like someone new is picking up on these books every day. I was in a Barns & Noble the other day and someone was picking checking out the Naruto manga (Highschool girl?) while I was in the manga section and asked me if I had ever read it, I told her yes, I am on volume 20 currently and I catch up with brand new stuff in Shonen Jump. I told her how good I thought it was and she left with the first 3 volumes of Naruto, Maybe VIZ should put me on their payroll or something, but it was my pleasure to help her out.

I read volumes 1-20 and I am rereading the same 1-20 before I begin on 21-40, I like to read everything multiple times to make sure I get the impact of the full story, maybe I'm a little crazy but It's something I enjoy doing. Right now I have just finished the arc where Zabuza has finally fallen and had his touching moment next to Haku on the bridge, great story, I am right about to dive into the Chunin exams and once they get into the forrest it gets awesome from there! I love when Orochimaru faces off against Sasuke right before branding him with the mark, such a good fight and such a good story!

Share your early Naruto stories with us, memories, comments, likes, dislikes....let's hear em'!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

One thing I can say is that I love the orignal naruto(v.1-27) much better than the rest of the story. I don't know why but because it seemed original I guess.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The original Naruto always had a charm Shippuden never has. Maybe it's because I enjoyed it being more unexpected and cheerful? Shippuden is too "KILL THAT CHARACTER OFF! BOOM BOOM! BLOOD EVERYWHERE....Sakura hits Naruto...REPEAT!!!!"

I don't know, it took me a long time to like Shippuden though. And I mean 115+ episodes to start thinking "Ok now it's getting good finally."

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Zabuza story was great AnimeX, the story behind it was touching but the anime made me actually weep, thats something an animated project of any kind had not been able to make me do since The Last Unicorn. The fighting took a while in that storyarc in both the manga and the anime, but man was it worth it, great scenes and great story but my favorite part was seeing Naruto unleash on Haku, we saw a fire lit in Naruto's belly that I think was the marking point for him becoming as powerful as he has become. I only read the first 10 volumes though, so I can't really comment past the first 10, plus they were online so I can't even be sure that they were complete stories, but I liked them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I said this in the current manga thread. I feel that we as fans took the first series for granted in some ways (at least anime-wise). It was a very good story. Sure it fell in many places and in the anime it was bogged down by filler but I think that it had a lot of fun elements to it.

I still look at Naruto as a good manga. Not a great/amazing one and I feel its fanbase is sometimes too crazy for its own good but definitely something I would say is worth a read.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, the hardcore Naruto fans can be a bit much sometimes, especially the ones who take opinions to the extreme. I remeraber reading a story online about a kid who wore a Sasuke shirt to school (7th grade) and some kiRAB beat him up pretty bad because they felt Sasuke sucks and decided to attack the poor kid over it.

I personally don't let a specific fanbase deter me away from something I may like, I love Naruto and I'm not going to let a bunch of lame steriotypical fans keep me from reading it and forming my own opinion off of it. Same goes with anything else.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm totally not going to lie, I thought that said "Pre-shipping" for a minute. (I just got done competing in a jiu jitsu tournament and fought three matches, sue me).

That said, I really do enjoy Naruto the manga. The first part is neatly collected in my room, and the stories do hold up. It's a story about kiRAB, growing up, and a really wonderful one at that. I think the problem with it is that it is half a story, and the second half...yeah.

Kakashi and Jiraya are still two of the better shounen characters in recent memory, and nothing points this out further than their early appearances.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information