Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gantz Talkback *Manga Spoilers*

Being as I only recently got into the Gantz manga (and anime via abridging) I have to ask...

Why is it that the anime veered so off course from the manga? IMO, the series only got REALLY good at the end of the Buddhist Temple Arc which is where the anime cuts off. Cool characters are introduced, our main character becomes extremely likable, and the insanity ramps up to ten. And perhaps the most rewarding part, you start to give a crap about the characters.

Is it because the anime caught up to the manga? Because it gets even more violent? I have no idea.

Another question, this time about the manga.

Why was [spoiler]Kurono[/spoiler] killed off? I will say, Gantz is nothing without him and despite [spoiler]Kato returning[/spoiler] and being awesome, the current arc is starting to piss me off. So far it's just random blood and guts with characters even more unlikable than the ones that started the series off.

All that said, I'm still interested to see where it's all going, even if Phase 2 has done nothing too interesting ouside of [spoiler]Kato[/spoiler] so far.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Yeah, I said spoiler in the title and still used tags. I'm just paranoid.

well, in all the forums ive been in everyone is sure Kurono will be back, though i doubt it (he died outside the Gantz game).

yeah thats the reason, the anime started way to early, caught up so fast.

also, did you know that all of the Osakan Gantz guys are named for famous comedians from the area, except for Anzu.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ha, I didn't know that.

Didn't seem to help them stick around for very long, though.

Callum J

Damn, it looks like the arc may finally be over. Although, who knows. This is like the, what, sixth time the 100-pointer has been killed at the end of the chapter?

Unfortunately, it seems Host Samurai got it, which doesn't bode well for our Gantzers if he gets the 100 points.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

where the hell was Host Samurai hiding anyway, that came out of nowhere.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That guy is a sneaky bastard. First he got Izumi, then Kurono, and now the 100 pointer.

As for Anzu, well, it wouldn't be the first time. Remeraber Sei? Kishimoto? Or hell, almost anyone from the Buddha Temple arc? In this manga, it's a good idea not to discuss what you'll do when you make it home. Because you probably won't.

I just hope he doesn't waste his points on her, I want Kurono back.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I guess it depenRAB on how he distributes the Gantz points because it looked like Vampire guy got the killing blow.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The final part of the Osaka Game is out.

[spoiler]
    -Host Samurai does wound the 100-Pointer, but it takes shots from all of the Tokyo team to finish it off.

-Kuwabara Kazuo is revealed to still be among the living and as needy as ever.

-It is revealed that the 100-Pointer has finally been destroyed when Takeshi begins his transfer back to the Gantz room, followed by Reika. The next chapter will deal with the awarding of the points.

-The nerd promised Katou that he would become like him and would revive Anzu for him. However, considering the aforementioned fact that none of the female Gantz characters have yet to be revived, I am hesitant to put any faith in this. Then again, I may find myself surprised.

[/spoiler]

I cannot wait for the new chapter.

All I gotta say is FINALLY.

Freaking 100-pointer just wouldn't go down. But, I wonder who got the points?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It does seem kind of ridiculous to me that they've been peppering it with lag-gun shots for the whole damn fight, and the thing that finally takes it down is... a bunch of lag-gun shots. It seems like if anything should've taken it down, logically it should've been Nishi with that super gravity gun thing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information