Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Was the "Powerpuff Girls Z" better then, "The PowerPuff Girls" to you or worser.

I got to thinking about the two series and I was wondering what everyone's personal opinion was of the two series. Personal I disliked the anime version because of the significent defrences between the two plus I'll just list them. I absolutely hated the way Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup were handled. First, off there now siters ok exceptable. Let's start with Blossom. Oh, sweet, smart, responsible, nice Blossom. I nearly went mad watching the way she acted in the anime ok, Blossom has been durabed down she isn't smart anymore she is now a girl who basically hates test and is boy crazy and she does childish things like contantly bickering with Buttercup in one episode she even suggested she hoped a crime would pop up so she could get out of doing a test I almost was sick. Blossom would'nt skip a test cause shes responsible and smart. She saves the day cause she likes helping people not, cause she wants to get out of a frigg'in test! Oh and she's a Pig often eating huge amounts of unhealthy chips and sweets. Oh and her name is Momoko now outside of using her powers. The PPGS now have secret identites. Well Bubbles like Blossom was handled horrible she is now a smart girl who is responisible and who wears ties apparently and does by the rules a lot. And lastly Buttercup the green Powerpuff who can float like a butterfly but, sting like a bee. She wasn't as changed as much but, I did feel they went a little overboard with her toraboyness. Mayor is now a grown man who doesn't wear a monocule and is not pickle obsessed. Bellum has Blond hair now. Him looks like a jester. Mojo has powers and isn't smart. Fuzzys obsessed with pretty women. Princess is a girl named Himeko who is under the power of the black lights rather then, a snooby rich girl oh and the design for her constume princess doesn't have her Yellow armor suit she now has a ronald macdonald afro and a huge dress her powers being able to control and build robots(stupid). Artiro is a girl, and the gang green gang are idiots now. Sedusa given huge you know whats nd a small waist and is more concened with her appearance then fighting and she is a human under the control of the black lights.

I could go on and on. But it seems like to me. The anime is less violant I mean in the 1st battle against Mojo the PPGZ stop the to eat icecream the real PPGS would've kicked Mojo's butt and then got icecream. They also have weapons and no powers yah no ice breath, animal talking, laser eyes, super strength, super speed, lighting abilites, flamebreath,supersonic mouths, etc. just a hammer which can shout a beam, a yo yo that can surround it self in energy, and a bubble wand. Also you notice how the PPGS are always beating up there enemies so hard that there faces are deformed, theres blood and teeth on the ground the ppgz simply has stuff like cartoony.

But, aside from all that the anime was ok but, it had a lot to be desired ALOT. So don't be afraid and share your opinion.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Was the "Powerpuff Girls Z" better then, "The PowerPuff Girls" to you or worser.

I gotta say, it was worse.
    They did a horrible job on Mojo, he was my favorite villain too.
    Than, yes the PowerPuff Girls theselfs *Shudders* Never make an American show into anime. Lilo and Stitch has been hanndled horribly too

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ive only watched the first episode of PPZ and a small clip of the English dub on YT, but I can't say I was impressed with what I saw.

The animation was great but I found watching them all take a break, eating ice cream was a little too weird.

As for the original US show? I loved it! The animation was terrible (I can't stand simple artwork in a show ) but the plot/characters/acting was just right.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have seen some episodes of PPGZ and it felt...Too girly.
    At first, I thought mixing anime & PPG will be a great idea. Hey, I love anime and I enjoy PPG. But after seeing the anime version of it, it wasn't all that good.
    The fight scenes were durab-down , the humor felt flat, and the story didn't felt right. I did like the PPG character design, but that's all I can say decent about it.
    In all, compare PPG to PPGZ, PPG is better. Not saying because its “am-er-i-can”. Is because anyone can watch it. Young or old.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I probably got diabetes when watching PPGZ. Plus it just seems too markedly benign and genteel for its own good. PPG on the other hand was violent, irreverent, and a down right good time for the majority part that in some sense is a great counterexample of all these foofy magical girl genre shows, which PPGZ is one of.

So yeah. The first is and will be still the best.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You couldn't have picked a question that'd receive a more unanimous answer.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't really care about either show, but if I had to be stuck with one, I guess I'll choose... Z, I guess. At least the art is better and there's some serablance of a story. Sort of.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I never saw the original (though I hold a certain respect for it), but I saw the first ep of Z and decided against continuing.

Mind you, I loved the pilot footage. The fight scene shown was very dynamic and had a sense of power to it. The ep I saw just had characters flailing around and abusing stock footage with no real flow to the fight.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Rowdy Ruff Boyz were handled horribly they were just a bunch of little Johnny tests and the whole "GIRLS ARE ICKKY" things there plus they have no powers

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh yeah, I forgot about someone. Never mind, then.

Z's art isn't really that good. Cute designs but the action scenes are animated horribly compared to the original.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information