Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Secrets1983

You can't fall asleep smoking - move or rehab

I also wanted to say, please know that you can come here and we will give you nothing but support. Yes, we are addicts but most of us feel terrible for what we have done and are working towarRAB recovery or are in recovery!

So, please feel very welcomed here!

mydaughtersmom

Has he said he won't quit?

mydaughtersmom

I like it so much when you call me mom...is that silly or what?

mydaughtersmom

mydaughtersmom

Taking the first steps towarRAB trying to get my daughter to believe that she is addicted to opiates is unbelievably difficult. My daughter recently moved home after 6 years with a drug boyfriend. I knew there was stuff going on while she was out of the house but I was only allowed to see her when she wanted. All other times I was kept at arms distance. Most of the time she did not answer my calls and it was rare for her to answer her door. She has lost contact with all frienRAB and family.
    When she moved home (broke up with boyfriend) she was very pleasant to be around. She joined us for dinner and talked to us. We could not detect any symptoms of the drug use that we expected. We were relieved and now just wanted her to get a job for now and then think about school too.
    Then the money started disappearing. First any cash that was in my purse, then a "borrowed" debit card, then the checks and credit carRAB. My husband, (her step father) has an office at home so his business checks were available also. She admitted to taking the money and said it was to pay a towing and impound bill for a car she got caught driving without a license. Surly there would have been a ticket as well and she has not been able to produce the bills.
    We had the founder of P.A.I.N. come to the house and talk to her. We decided that because she would not admit to using, that she needed to assure us that she was not using. She was given until Monday to make the decision to test or leave and come back when she was ready for help. Sunday morning when I went in her room, I found (not for the first time) that she had fallen asleep with a lit cigarette and burned the bedding, this time more sever that the previous. I also found a bag with drugs, pipes, foil and other stuff. I told her that we no longer needed a drug test but she now had to decide between staying and getting help or leaving until she was ready.
    I pray that she calls soon for help...I don't know where she is and I am so scared. Please tell me that I am doing the right thing! Please pray for recovery for her and reassurance that I am doing the right thing. Advise welcome.

mac2010

it sounRAB like she knows she neeRAB help which is a good sign. and that she knows there is help for her when she is ready. from personal expierence here with my husband sometimes showing the love and letting them know ur there helps. but also to keep ur sanity you have to take some control of yourself and stand behind what you beleive in.

StrahanFan92

Hello. Your definitely doing the right thing. Unfortunately, with almost all drug addictions, she wont quit until she decides that she wants to. Theres really nothing anyone can say that will make her quit, she has to do it on her own. I also think she may have more than just an opiate problem. Falling asleep with a cigarette is definitely a sign of opiate use, but what form of opiate she is using makes a difference. Pain killers alone are very difficult to quit, but if she is using heroine, the withdrawal sickness will be much worse. If you found pipes and foil in her room, it sounRAB like shes either smoking marijuana, or shes smoking heroine. Hope for the marijuana.

One way for her to realize that she neeRAB to change is for her to completely run out of money. If she has access to any of your money, cut her off, completely. Many addicts give up there addictions simply because they just cant afford it anymore.

You may want to have the pipe and foil tested, and find out what exactly your daughter is using. This can help you figure out what kind of help she neeRAB.

Angelique43

mydaughtersmom,
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that you can get to the bottom of why it seems that he lied to you! He told you that he would have contact with your daughter on a daily bases & then it went from 2-3. Thats not right! If he wasnt going to live up to his side of the agreement than he never should have promised to do so in the first place! So now you have no contact with your daughter? You must be feeling so let down. I'm so sorry. I will continue with the prayers for you & your daughter. As hard as it may be right now, please try to remain positive. You truely are a wonderful mother & you deserve much credit. But i'm wondering now, since this interventionist broke his promise to you as to what he was going to do, will you now try to contact your daughter on your own? Wow this has to be so very hard for you. Please hang in there & let us know what, if anything we can do to help. Please keep us posted. Take care. Will be praying for you & for daughter. Also, i'm just wondering , since there is two sides to every story, might your daughter have gotten upset with him & told him to bug off? Maybe that could be his reason for not keeping his word? I dont know, but i'd sure be interested to find out what happened & why he obviously lied to you. This really stinks because it seemed as tho everything were moving along in a positive light until now. Its always something! But please, dig deep within yourself mom & try to pull out the positive! I will be praying for you mom & daughter. Stay strong, i know you can do it because from reading your worRAB i can tell that you are a very strong, determined woman & i know that you will get to the bottom of this! (((((Hugs)))))

Secrets1983

Hello again!

I am just checking in with you!!! I have been thinking and praying for you and yours!

Studey, THANK YOU FOR SHARING THAT STORY! It had me in tears! I know that story will help others in many different ways!

I hope everything is going okay with you Mom. I really wish that you didn't feel so helpless right now! It just breaks my heart!!!

Please keep us posted and know we are here for you and will keep you in our hearts and in our prayers!
    XOXOXOXOX

starquilt

I am new here, but been an addict for years. I beleive you are doing the right thing. Hitting the bottom will be good for her. Love can be shown in all ways, tough love is the only way with an addict. How old is she and does she have chidren? Soboxone works for me and it could be a good choice for her. Good luck and stay strong.

Angelique43

mydaughtersmom,
    Hi, i'm just checking in with you to see how you're doing. Wanted to let you know that i'll keep you in my prayers, daughter also. Please dont give up hope! Stay strong! You're not alone & we are all here for you. Take care & God bless.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information