Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    brianpain33

Buspar - how long to start working well?

I started taking Buspar last week 15mg/day. I was wondering how long does it take to start working for anxiety if it is going to work? I want to give it a chance but don't want to take it too long if it is not going to work for me. I have been taking for 5 days now.

brian

KillPanic

1 month is average. Sometimes you will notice the effects in less than a month, and sometimes it takes longer than a month. Either way, hang in there. It is a slow process.

gaugreg1x

Considerably longer than five days. Also the 15mg a day is generally considered a starting dose. The typical maintenance dose is 15mg twice daily. I was on the 15mg for a month. I noticed a difference after the 30 mg daily for a few weeks. Greg

brianpain33

I might have the doctor increase it when I see him in a couple of weeks. I do see a little bit of a difference although I am taking it just at night since I take several other meRAB that make me drowsy during the day and was worried about taking the Buspar during the day. Does it make you drowsy or tired when taking it during the day?

brian

KillPanic

Drowsiness is a side-effect for just about all anti-depresants. It's unfortunate but that's just the way it is. Try taking it at night and it might not make you as drowsy the next day, as opposed to taking it in the morning. If you do feel drowsy on it you can talk to your doctor and he/she may give you something like adderall to keep you more alert and corabat the drowsiness that you get from the anti-depresant.

supereen

It took a few weeks and the full 30mg dose before I really noticed a difference.

brianpain33

Oh no that is not going to happen because I am a recovering addict and my drug of choice was a big time stimulant. I did inquire about Provigil once and my doctor turned me down because of my addiction. I take several pain meRAB that make me drowsy and wanted it to counteract the drowsiness so I am left to use caffeine which has it's drawbacks but at least you don't need a prescription for it.

brian

KillPanic

Well hey, if caffeine works for you then there you go. I generally try to stay away from stimulant drugs like adderall myself, but they work for some people. Good luck and let us know how the Buspar works out for you. :wave:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information