Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    mikedrazehero

motorcycle carb fuel/air screw help?

i was adjusting my throttle cable, when i was done, i decided to turn the air mixture screw to the left 3 times, I do not know why, and i can't get the bike to start, so i turn it back 3 times, and i can't get it to start, so i turn it to the left or the right many times, not really counting and i can't start my bike, any ideals on how I can get it running again?

the bike is a 1986 yamaha maxim

ps it will start if i spary starting fluid in there, but it will bogg down in 4 seconds or less
    ok after i bottom them out, turning all the way to the right, and then to the left for 1 and 1/2 turns

it looks like it'll almost start, so i keep going 1/4 turn, but it still don't start

should i leave the choke off, or half or full on?
    and what is the maxiam about of seconds, i can safely spary starting fluid into the air intake?

750_Rider
    Push start the bike. Stand it straight up in neutral (not on kick stand). Listen to the engine revs and adjust the screw accordingly. When it gets to a satisfactory idle level without cutting off, you have it. On the bike I did this on, counter clockwise was to decrease.

In case you don't know how to push start.
    1. Put the bike in first gear with the key in the on position.
    2. Sit on it and roll to about 2 or 3 miles per hour and release the clutch.
    3. It should start long enough for you to give it a few revs, throw it into nuetral and adjust the screw.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information