Turning 18 soon thinking its time for my own vehicle.

Been working part time at this job for 3 years , monthly get between $500-600 , thinking about getting a second job really soon.

in the summer i get about $1400-2000 depending on shifts , i was recently in a car accident last year and lost most confidence in a car ( i still drive anyway ) , so i was looking at a truck.

I dirve about 17km one way from home to school , and less then 1km from home to work.

i was looking around and now im looking at a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EXT cab , and monthly it will be $297 a month...

for a 1997-99 car ( honda civic or accord , grand prix , dodge stratus ) they would want between $320-350 a month.

i will be roaming around when i have time off work. I'd use the truck with the large back for its advantage. as for a car i'd use it for small things.

i've been doing math lately with a car im saving $50 a month or around there , but its an older car and moreless more km's as suppose to a truck that is $297 a month ($50) cheaper then a car so i could use that to my advantage...

a truck gets about 16mpg , so in math how far would you think that get me?

cars in the late 1990's what do u think they get in milage , whats your thoughts what would you get?

thanks for your help

what would u pick?
whats the MPG difference between these to vehicles?
i would like to roam once in a while when im not working?
whats would you pick and why?