Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Priek

Venting: on a post divorce rant....?

Not sure why I am rambling tonight but thought I'd thow this one out there.

It's over, done.

Several months had past. in the deep dark days I had signed up for Match.com as a way of meeting people. Primarily as a way to build my self esteem (if you've been divorced you know, it's the someone please look at me as a sexual human being again!).

Anyhow, they send out the reminders after you stop their service. So, as I say a few months go by and who is recommended as a match?

My ex..

Now, it's bad enough that I took ALL OF THE PICTURES on her profile.

However, the real kicker is the headline: I want someone to teach me how to ski!

Here is the Irony is that that statement.
    1. I am a former professional skier.
    2. The first few years we were dating I owned a marketing company that specialized in the ski industry, meaning? I skied over 100 days per year. This is a job that she nagged until i quit and got a "stable" desk job so we could have a house (a reasonable request).
    3. In the 8 years I knew her she was steadfast that she hated the cold.

Additionally, she laments about her being honest and knowing who she is. The reason for our divorce? I discovered she had been lying and cheating on me for a couple years.

Sha Re'
    WOW!!!! Your story is incredible. The romantic in me wants to think that she saw you on the site, and this is a way of telling you that she misses you and wants you back. The realist in me is saying, WOW, what did you do to have this type of Karma? Take it in stride, and think about how you feel about this. If you are absolutely done, then leave it alone, do not attempt any contact or answer if she tries to contact you. The drama fallout will be unbearable. If you are not sure that you want everything to be completely over, send her a cute message that says something like, "Funny seeing you here" or something light like that, but be careful to not have any expectations..... wow!!!! I still can't get over that. I wish you the best.

suziewong
    Haha ~ enjoy the irony and be glad you are out of the relationship.

Elize404
    sounds like you got out in time mate! try speed dating with youre friends if youre looking to meet someone, its a real laugh! good luck x

Hopelight
    She complain about the cold when she was with you. Ski became part of her life. Now she seems to miss those cold days.
    The irony is that maybe she is looking for you! somehow she knows you were interested in match.com so she signed up on purpose to find you. Or could it be that she wants someone with almost the same activities she used to do with you. I'm not sure.
    But whatever it is if you are divorce is time to move on. I know is hard and depending how you feel about your self. Try to meet new people join a group or do activities with friends. The key is to stop waiting for someone to look for you. Eventually when you least expect it that person will be right in the corner.
    Try to build your self-steam by finding yourself what makes you feel happy. Nobody likes to be alone. But is okay to be divorce and single for some time. Grieve the divorce and do all the things you can to start leaving your life again.

•√¡rgő•
    She may want to go skiing with a new guy as a sick twisted way to make you jealous. Was she into head games? She knows you'll be on the slopes and how funny would it be for her and some new guy to accidentally bump into you...

Orrr..

She saw you were on her match list and wanted to upset you/make you jealous.

Whatever! Don't fall for her mind games. Sign up with another dating site where she isn't a member and enjoy yourself. I'm sure you're a wonderful man who deserves someone who will treat you with respect.

Good luck. Consider yourself lucky that you got rid of her. She's someone else's problem now.

Katie M
    I know it's painful but count your blessings. She's a train wreck waiting to happen. My husbands ex is just like that. I wish you the best.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information