Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

why...n95 related...and some questions...

LoL Wow, pretty obvious you've never used a touchsreen phone before... The screens are particularly scratch resistent. IE: You'd have to go waaaaay out of your way to scratch it.

As for the N95 that phone definitely has me converted from PPC... the specs are just too good!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wait until you try it. You won't miss touchscreen.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

wow thanks guys...man cant wait for this phone to come out, itll be my first nokia since the 3xxx (dont know what it was). iam allready planning to get it from import gsm, with the life time warrenty...does anyone know if that covers bricked phones when using nsu?

hmm...i read somewere that it wont beable to be charged over usb, because its a mini usb connector. is this right?

Not because it's a mini USB connector, but because the charging port is separate. The USB connector does not plug into the charger socket.

I've used lots of touchscreen palms/ppcs. And they all scratch pretty easily, the stylus usually picks up knicks and all sorts of other problems. After 2-3 months once you put it to the light you'll see tons of tiny scratches that don't go away when you clean it. Indoors it has no affect, but it sometimes affects usability outdoors.

dang too bad you cant charge with usb...oh well its not that hard to splice the usb cable to add a charging wire to it...

i have another question though...
    why are the camera pictures diffrent?

and

what do the numbers mean? why does the slider thingy look diffrent?
    which pic is newer?

the only thing that has changed is the numbers.

Yes, Symbian, but S80 (touch screen)

Question from a noob (I've been ghosting for a LONG time...never had much to say though).

Will the GPS function work independently of the service provider? My understanding is that the GPS on the phone work just like a handheld GPS, with internal/memory card map storage.

Can anyone explain how the N95 GPS experience will work? Do maps download as you need them or are they stored on the device? Also, will it require any sort of subscription from the cellular provider?

Once again...pardon my ignorance. I'll be looking to replace my 6682 next year and the N95 would be the perfect replacement. I also want to get a GPS gizmo sometime in the near future, so two birds, one stone.

I shall have to start prepping the wife on the idea of spending this much $$$ for a cell phone ahead of time, I just need to make sure I have my ducks in a row

Well since the N95 is not out yet and most of what I am about to say are based on what I have read, take it for what its worht.

Yes the GPS will function seperately from the service providers. Yes it will have its own Receiver. As I understand it it will come with a basic map. You will have to pay and dnld from Nokia if you want points of interest, gas stations, restaurants, etc. The N95 will have enough memory to be able to store the map of US and Canada for example. Lastly, as I understand it. No subcription from your provider or Nokia is needed. Unless of course you want all the points of interest etc as I mentioned.

Basically this phone will be a mini FM Radio w/speakers, video iPod, decent camera, phone, PDA w/ wifi and handheld GPS, all rolled into one package.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information