Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

help me find a fone. iphone+gps+3g/wifi+ability to install 3rd party apps(slingbox!)

touch screen isn't necessary, but i really do like the iphone. i'm torn since i'm a heavy text/emailer on my blackjack- i just ordered the treo 750- hopefully that'll appease me for a little while, but it's still no iphone.

problem with iphone is that its not 3g, apples restrictive and imo illegal practices....no gps...

oh, and form factor- don't care if it's slider/flip/bar etc...basically i really want to keep the size as close to the blackjack/iphone as possible. probably why i won't even keep the 750...

and yes, would prefer to type with fingers vs. using a stylus.

help me find a fone. iphone+gps+3g/wifi+ability to install 3rd party apps(slingbox!)

3 options come to mind:

1 - Buy a Nokia N-series and a bluetooth keyboard. N75 if you want 3G (it's only UMTS though, not HSDPA) and will need an add-on GPS unit. N95 has built in GPS and WiFi, but doesn't support 3G in the US yet.
    2 - AT&T 8525 has WiFi and a slide-out keyboard, but I hear that if it does have GPS, it's a huge pain.
    3 - Nokia E61i has a QWERTY keyboard and WiFi, but not 3G, and you'll have to go find an unlocked version. Don't think it has GPS either.

Of course, you could wait to get the rumored upcoming US version of the N95, but it still won't have a QWERTY.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The newly release HTC S630 has quad-band GSM and tri-band UMTS (850/1900/2100). It also has a QWERTY keyboard with WM6 (3rd party supports) but it doesn't have GPS.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

if you can deal with CDMA, the coming HTC Vogue sounds like your huckleberry... or the Polaris (GSM)...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information