Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unlock without hitting menu?

I thought the entire point of the unlock pattern was to replace an unlock combo (like the iphone's slider). However, to turn on the phone you have to hit power, hit menu, then (optionally) do the pattern.

I like the security of the pattern, but the extra step to turn it on is really annoying. Is there a way to just have the pattern screen come up instead of the "hit menu to unlock" screen when you hit power?

As of now, there is no way to do it. I know it annoys a lot of people!

No. The menu screen is there for a reason. Say if you have the pattern you press menu by accident and while the phone is in your pocket. It will move the pattern around. And it will not let you unlock without waiting. Its just another extra security feature

Use your thumb, slide the screen out just a little bit until you see the last row of the keyboard then let it go. Now you don't have to hit any button to get to unlock pattern screen.

I get rather annoyed by this as well. Flipping the screen open has been the only resolution I've known of, but, I'd like to keep the screen flipping to a minimum if I could. Oh well.

umm... no it is a compacitive screen meaning it does not work unless touched by your finger. the patter would not do anything unless your hand was in your pocket....

this is not true. You don't have to hit power first.

All you have to do is, (while the phone is sleeping with the screen off),
    hit menu, pattern. done.

its two steps.

Took the words right outta my mouth........menu and then your unlock pattern, simple as that

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's just kind of a pain, if you're texting back and forth, to have to do that each time after a screen timeout. I've never had a phone that doesn't have the option to disable any sort of screen/keyboard lock.

just disable the lock pattern. Then all you have to do is press Menu to wake the phone. It's just 1 button press, how hard is that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information