Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Will G1 get anymore (official) updates?

I searched around and I see people have asked similar questions but all I could find is that chances are, owners of G1 won't get 2.0 or 2.1. Does this mean we won't ever be able to update again from an official OTA update? Or could they possibly just be holding off to send out a more major update than each of these since flash memory is very limited rather than sending out each of the 2.0, 2.1, AND now Froyo? I understand the limited space on flash memory but it seems like condensed updates are a reasonable option.

Most likely not, unless it's a really large flaw that needs fixing. The end of life for the device as far as support goes is pretty soon (if not has already occurred). This is one of the few times where I'd suggest rooting if you want the latest and greatest.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i doubt there will be an official 2.1 for the G1 as the rom will not fit unless they move the partitions on the phone around.

Just root your phone, install dangerspl and install CM5
    http://rabroad.com/forums/f56/cyanogenmod-5-for-dream-magic-would-you-like-a-pony-v5-0-7-test1-04-29-2010-a-34429/

why wait for carriers...

I doubt you still have a warranty on your G1 but
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Nobody outside of Google, HTC and T-Mobile knows for sure. I hope they update it, heard rumors that some phones will be completely wiped and upgraded to 2.1 via your home computer. If that's the case Google may choose to integrate the Sapphire SPL/Danger/Haykuro SPL into the update and 2.1 and maybe even 2.2 will fit.

yea, root your phone and install a buggy rom so you can have more issues with your G1.
    lol

i'd wait several weeks or a month for a rom to be fully removed of any bugs or kinks before flashing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information