Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    I think common sense ia far more important than intelligence.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What type of intelligence would you consider the most important for our advancement

as a society? Emotional intelligence or spacial/mathematical intelligence? If women in general never had an edge in emotional intelligence (and were equal to men in this respect) would society lose something irreplaceable? What if men lost their edge in spacial/mathematical intelligence (an were equal to women regarding this trait)? Would we still be in the stone ages?
    Kim-In general, men have more spacial and mathematical intelligence. This has been established both by studies of intelligence and the correlation of grey matter to mathematical intelligence (and the generally higher ratio of grey matter in men). It did not say absolutely, I said it generally. Your feelings on the matter are irrelevant.
    In a Silent Way: It does sound like an oxymoron, doesn't it?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if emotional intelligence(oxymoron) were to disappear the world would be a better place.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Uhm this is a really sexist question. Sure females are more emotional, but to say they're more intelligent in the topic is completely false. Also saying that men are more intelligent than women in math/spacial intelligence is false. Its stereotypical and 100% false. This is very offensive to women, due to the fact that there are many males who are quite advanced in emotional intelligence compared to females and vis versa.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know. From what I've read about emotional intelligence, it seems important as a supplement to mathematical intelligence - not as a substitute. So mathematical intelligence is still more important.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    a balance of both is ideal, but i think emotional intelligence is needed as communication is essential for harmony.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any country lacking in spatial/mathematical/scientific intelligence will fall behind in the world in this day and age. Emotional intelligence is nice but it won't maintain our current standards of living by bringing home the bacon!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That TOTALLY depends on what you mean by "advancement" of society.
    I think emotional intelligence--which men have plenty of--is more important for people in a social setting than anything else.
    It's all great to get a new iPhone, I'm sure--but if you don't have the EQ to have firends, it may actually be a useless tool.

I think that they are both equally important.

Yes if women were spatial like men we would lose out greatly. Women and men both have their different ways of thinking for a good reason.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information