Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2 Stupid Dogs - how did it originally air?

How did "2 Stupid Dogs" originally air? Did it air in syndication first, or in TBS, or both at the same time? And did they air in half hour format (2 episodes of "2 Stupid Dogs" plus one "Secret Sequirrel") or by one short as a time? There were 39 episodes of "Stupid Dogs," which means no even number of episodes being made.

Also, did they just rerun all 13 "Secret Squirrel" segments in 2SD's second season?

I don't know about cable, but it aired in syndication in its first copyright year. The squirrel was not part of the show, and there were no real half-hour episodes--you just got three Stupid Dogs cartoons at random. There was also a cold opener that I think was dropped when the squirrel was added.

I remember it first being syndicated Sunday mornings on Fox. I'm not sure about the cold openings as I only saw the 2 Stupid Dogs/Secret Squirrel episodes.

I remember it airing on the pre-WB channel 23 on Sunday mornings as one of the last shows to be part of the Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera show before it's demise. I remember Secret Squirrel being the middle short in the show, then disappearing the next season so 3 2SD eps aired.

Then, I don't know how they aired it in it's final year in your area, but they aired the show on Wednesday mornings here, with Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Swat Kats, and Captain Planet filling out the other four days.

I remember it running on one of Turner's stations a long time ago, I think TBS.

But for some odd reason they would air the opening of the show 6 or 7 times in a row, or in teh middle of the show they would show the opening again.

I have no idea why this occured

Pad out running time?

I recall first seeing it on TBS... didn't know it was originally syndicated...

2 Stupid Dogs, along with Swat Kats, the New Adventures of Captain Planet, and another show, were apart of the 'Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera', a longtime Sunday morning staple that died toward the late 90's. I believe those three shows, as well as the Jetsons and Scooby Doo, depending on which area you lived in, were the last shows on that block before it was cancelled altogether.

Not quite. Captain Planet was never part of The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera for the simple fact that it wasn't Hanna-Barbera. Rather, it was a co-production of H-B, DIC Entertainment and TBS Productions.

2 Stupid Dogs premiered simultaneously in syndication and on SuperStation TBS on September 12, 1993, usually airing on Sunday mornings, as it did where I lived (Baltimore). On TBS, it was part of their Sunday Mornings In Front of the Television block.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Oh, and some time ago, I made this "2 Stupid Dogs" episode guide that lists credits.

I could use help on guest voices. If you have any additions, let me know.

http://dfe.goldenagecartoons.com/baker/2stupid.htm

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information