Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

TMNT: Fast Forward Talkback: Episode 1.21: "Race for Glory" (Spoilers)

Episode 1.21: Race for Glory
    Original Air Date: Septemeber 8, 2007
    Written by: Larry Hama

Previously, on Fast Forward: His criminal activities exposed, Darius Dun declared war on Cody and the Turtles; to that, end, he took control over Turtle-X in an attempt to kill Cody. Fortunately, Serling's quick thinking and selfless actions saved the day.

This week, on Fast Forward: The turtles enter the Hover-Shell in the Centri-Fuze Road Rally, a road-race for experimental vehicles. However, they won't be the only familiar faces there--Triple Threat is in town, and he's hankerin' for some new vehicles. Plus, Raph changes a person's future forever.

This episode is really generic...

It was. What is it with 4Kids and their obsession with racing anyway? Are they being secretly sponsored by NASCAR? I know Fox Kids was. :shrug:

Yeah, it was a pretty generic "win the race but stop the baddie first" routine. It wasn't anything too big. I did love the line from the dumb Triple Threat head about stealing the car and driving it on neighbor's lawns to raise their property values or something like that.

There was a big Speed Racer reference in this episode. Anyone catch it? Here's a hint: It's not anything related to Speed or the Mach 5 itself.

This ep also has subtle continuity to the Planet Racers ep from Season 3, if you managed to catch it.

Anyway, this ep was just a filler but the next ep is really great so make sure you remember to catch next weeks. Only 5 eps of Fast Forward left!

Oh, eps premieres are back? I already own these on dvd, so it looks like I'll be sleeping in for awhile...at least until the ninja tribunal eps air.

One thing I never got - was the kid just a younger version of Falcon that Raph met back in season 3, or is Falcon his decendant?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'd think it's his descendant.

I don't think there are 5 more eps left. Before the Turtles go back home, they have to fix up all the loose ends. They've done some of them, which I will put in spoiler tags, so if you whine at me for spoiling, blame yourself for clicking on it.

[spoiler]In the later eps, Sh'okanabo and Viral get killed in the ep "The Day of Awakening", while Torbin Zixx ends up in trouble with one of his clients after Donnie switches the item Zixx was to deliver in exchange for a beverage maker. There's only one mention of Darius and the Dark Turtles, but the Turtles still need to deal with them.[/spoiler]

[spoiler] Its been stated that the first ep of the next season will wrap up loose ends from 2105 before the Turtles go home. This is just speculation on my part, but I have a feeling the Dark Turtles are going to travel to the past and return as villains in the next season. They seem too marketable plus there are loose story plots with them as you said. As for Darius, it depends what happens in the first ep of the next season. [/spoiler]

Generic or not, I enjoyed it quite a bit--better than either Headlock Prime or Across the Universe, anyway. Still, not much to discuss, is there?

I think the Falcon in this episode was definitively written as being the same Falcon from Planet Racers--whether it was the same one Raph met in Across the Universe is another story, however, since that episode could have taken place in another time-line, a la Same as it Never Was, and the older Falcon didn't seem to recognize Raph (although that doesn't mean much either, since that story definitely wasn't made with this one in mind). Although the same was never said for the cartoon version, the comic book is originally set in the end of the 30th century, not the 22nd, so make of that what you will.

On another note, the fact that Larry Hama (a semi-prominent comic-book writer, best known for giving the comic-book version of G.I. Joe a level or respectability it had previously not known) wrote this episode was enough to raise an eyebrow when I first found out, and I wonder how they got him to do it. And if he was writing for T.V., why the heck didn't he do Sigma 6 when that was still on?

Not much to say about this episode, but Triple Threat is always good for a few laughs.

Agreed. One of those 'What?' lines. Needless to say, is it wrong for me to wonder if that's actually true?

"Race for Glory": 3.5/5.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information