Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

"The Simpsons: The Complete Ninth Season" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

The ninth season of the classic animated series The Simpsons has arrived!

Studio: Fox Home Entertainment
    Release Date: December 19th, 2006

Synopsis: The Emmy? award-winning animated antics of America’s favorite four-fingered family continue on December 19 when The Simpsons: The Complete Ninth Season arrives on DVD from Fox Home Entertainment. Created by Matt Groening, this DVD collection features all 25 outrageous episodes from the fan-beloved and critically-acclaimed ninth season, as well as a stellar roster of guest appearances including Helen Hunt, Martin Sheen, Mike Judge, Jay Leno, U2, James Earl Jones, Janeane Garofalo, Joe Namath and Alex Trebek among many others. With enough bonus materials to stock a Kwik-E-Mart, the four-disc collection will be available in two distinct packaging options as a special bonus for fans and collectors: a Limited Edition Lisa Simpson box, as well as a collectible, illustrated gatefold digipak.

Bonus Features:
    -A Riff from Matt Groening
    -Audio Commentary On All Episodes
    -Special Language Feature – Trash Of The Titans
    -A Bit From The Animators – Lost Our Lisa
    -Illustrations by Matt Groening, Yeardley Smith, Mike B. Anderson and Pete Michels
    -Deleted Scenes
    -Commercials
    -A Moment With U2 Featurette
    -Collector's Cards
    -And more!

To discuss the The Simpsons television program, please head over to The General Animation Forum. This talkback is to the discuss the DVD collection.

Review: Click here!

Discuss This DVD!

Note: If you don't plan on buying this release, then please refrain from posting. We appreciate and encourage discussion, but one-word/one-line posts are unnecessary. We'd like to see actual discussion and real comments from those who purchased this release or intend to. Please keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. We will issue warnings if we believe it necessary.

I'm getting it for Christmas. I can't wait to hear John Schwartzwalder on the commentary.

This season was really good, and with the exception of "The Principal and the Pauper", all the episodes were really well done.

He's not actually there for the commentary; Mike Scully called him at home during the commentary taping and asked him a few questions. Actually, that approach made the whole thing hilarious, especially when Mike hung up and said something like, "He's gonna sue us."

Sadly, not all the commentaries were as good as "The Cartridge Family". Aside from the three Oakley/Weinstein episodes and the two Mirkin-based ones, which were just as good as the last sets, the majority of the Scully-centered ones were actually fairly dull and had quite a few empty sections without discussion. I DID like "The Last Temptation of Krust", mainly due to Jay Leno's input, and there are brief moments of interesting factoids, but three discs in and I'm not really getting into these commentaries like I was in the previous eight sets.

The set design rocks, though- it's rock & roll themed, like a Beatles record. Good stuff.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hah, which episode does that happen in?

I agree; this is one of the better designs they've had.

"The Cartridge Family". Best Scully-headed commentary on the disc, no doubt helped by the massive amount of participants, too.

"Natural Born Kissers" wasn't a bad commentary, either. It was interesting to hear Fox being worried about the sex-heavy themes in the episode.

Wow, pretty much all the deleted scenes sucked this time. I'm glad they were included, but man, good thing they were cut.

Note to Fox: Keep including the "Word From the Animators". In this set especially, I actually enjoyed them more than the regular commentaries, simply because of how specific their discussion was, not to mention how they point out things I never noticed before in the animation (like Homer's head sticking out of the bridge in "Lost Our Lisa").

Can someone tell me what trhe movie preview is on the set? I wasn't sure if it was more than a trailer or somethinn..

You can't miss it; it's the first thing that happens on Disc 1 after you boot it up.

i'm upset they didn't include the "amplifying" gag of the other 3 releases :/

I need to catch up with 7,8,9, what is neat about 10 and over is while they may be the 'bad' episodes they are going to be new to me (most of them) since its when i didn't have access to them.

I'm enjoying this set so far(I'm on Disc 2 as of today...though I've skipped around a bit)....There are alot of episodes I like on this set....

The Cartridge Family
    Treehouse of Horror VIII(my favorite of the Halloween episodes)
    The Joy of Sect
    Lisa's Sax
    Bart Star
    Bart Carny
    All Singing,All Dancing(I usually don't like the "Clip Show" episodes,but I like seeing some of the great song moments,plus the funny opening)....
    Natural Born Kissers

to name a few...

I also like seeing some of the old Butterfinger commercials(I remember seeing the "Hit a Homer,dude!!!" commercial on TV....)

The packaging on this season is really fun. OK, they've all been good so far, but I love the dvd's looking like old record labels.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information