Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

"Black Panther (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Not any more. He is no longer head of BET programming and he is no longer writing the BLACK PANTHER comic (but he is a consultant on the book). If you connect the dots, you can see why Hudlin was given the BP comic to write,was allowed to do just about anything he wanted with the book,why Marvel saddled the book with countless stunts and gimmicks to boost sales on the book during his run,and why he is no longer writing the book.

why would you be trouble for not liking the look of the black panther.

#1-6

And if you'd like to see how remarkably faithful the show is to the comic, here's issue #1. See for yourself how *nothing* (other than the date) was changed from the page; not even the dialogue that doesn't really work when spoken aloud.

Marvel Comics and the BET Network have made a deal to produce a Black Panther prime-time animated series for the 2008 - 2009 television season.

BET made the announcement at its upfront presentation in New York, citing the upcoming Black Panther animated series as one of the highlights. Reginald Hudlin, president of entertainment for BET and current scribe for the Black Panther comic book series for Marvel, is slated to play an undisclosed role in the production. Here's how the series was described at BET's upfront presentation, as seen below.

"From Marvel Comics, who brought the world Spider-Man, X-Men, the Fantastic Four and Iron Man, comes a prime-time animated series featuring the first Black superhero. A wise and just African warrior king. A technologically advanced superhero with a proud past."

The Black Panther prime-time animated series is set to premiere in the first quarter of 2009.

The Black Panther character was recently seen in the animated Ultimate Avengers II: Rise of the Panther (talkback).

Note: This thread will be altered into a "News & Discussion" Thread shortly.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This show needs to air already.

I'm gaining new respect for the show. I's not an animated series, it's a motion comic, which I like. I don't think it should be on TV. It should be online.

The Black Panther series is reported to be starting at 8:15 PM on the ABC3 on Saturday 16th January 2010, in Australia.

So I would expect the series to be shown in the USA sooner, as we rarely see new series in Australia, before other countries.

Cool. I guess they choose BET instead of Nicktoon because Reginald Hudlin. I just hope the series is good and does'nt fall into a stereotype. I really don't want see T'Challa wearing bling-bling or girls booty shaking on the series:sweat: .

Okay. Th animation is awful. What I mean is that comics to animation in this way, like the Marvel Superhero Show. It might have worked in the 1960's,but not in 2008.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Probably a week before for the US, if not that sucks for us but atleast the australians get to see it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information