Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Seth MacFarlane to Reboot The Flintstones

I think they'll just air it @ 7 PM (if they can change things around for it to air there). Since it's obviously not gonna be like any of the other McFarlene shows it'd be good to air @ 7. If it stays on the level of The Simpsons in terms of appropriateness I think it'll appeal to both kid and adult fans.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Without Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm, the Flintstones and Rubbles aren't families; they're just couples.

Nah, I don't see that happening. After such a long hiatus, I really doubt Seth would opt to go with another time skip, especially since FOX wouldn't be interested in an animated show with no domestic element. Given that he's a fan of the original series, he'll probably just keep everything intact, except for possibly making Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm a little more verbal and mobile so they can actually take part in stories.

Wha.... they're seriously letting Seth MacFailene ruin something as classic as this?

By not being held to CN's content standards gives me a bad feeling this could turn into some sort of ugly trainwreck if Seth starts injecting really crass humor into the show.

Was anyone actually clamoring for a Flintstones reboot? Really? I mean, its not like the Looney Tunes where people always want them to remain relevant. The Flintstones is basically an old memory now with a few cereal/vitamin commercials.

Honestly, I have faith that MacFarlene will treat this with respect. I think he knows what he's doing here and I think he knows and respects the source material. This could turn out to be pretty good.

And tbh, it'll probably end up on CN after FOX.

Oh wow, that's big news! I wonder if he's going to toss out any promises about not doing his usual shtick.

As long as Fred is his old self before Pebbles was born, that all I hope for. I want that Fred Flintstone back.

True.

But just like the Looney Tunes, The Flintstones is an evergreen franchise; meaning if studio execs feel they can still make $$$ off of it, they'll keep on revisitng it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information