Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Apple iPhone 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy-S

Now that it is closer to the release date for both of these phones which phone will be better? I know it is a broad question, but I want to compare everything from its potential to its display lol?

Because I will most likely get one of these two phones because I returned my HTC Tilt2 because it couldn't compete with 1GHZ Snapdragon chips and am now in the market for one of these two.

If we particularly discuss Samsung Galaxy superAMOLED vs iPhone 4 retina display, then one can say Galaxy has been equipped with superAMOLED display screen and Samsung is known because of superAMOLED so i think it will be better or equal with iphone 4 as regard of display.

I really don't understand why people make such a huge deal out of the retina display or the super AMOLED... if it's viewable, then it's fine by me. Do I really need the ability to not see pixels or is having vibrant colors really that necessary? I don't think so; at least not for me anyways.

As for the phones itself, I have trouble seeing success for the Galaxy S because of the lack of flash for the camera (hello?!) and Samsung's history of software updates. Then again, I love the iPhone 4's hardware but I hate the iOS that comes with it.

Since I want to use Android as my phone OS, I am just waiting to see what comes after the Galaxy S. Hopefully there will be something better and I won't be disappointed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Super AMOLED is a big deal. Really. Trust me. I see it with my own eyes. Put any phone next to it, even the Nexus One, and light it up.

Wait till you see the screen on the Samsung Wave.

Just as you don't understand why people make a huge deal out of display, I don't make a big deal out of no flash, I mean thats what cameras are for right? anyways it depends on what you want from a phone. yes flash would be great but not a huge deal for me

If the Galaxy S ever gets Froyo, it would probably destroy the competition. Anyone know if its possible to hack it yourself?

I am not sure about this (if it is true) but I thought I read somewhere that the Galaxy-S would be getting Froyo pretty soon after its launch. However, I could be wrong

Another thing to consider about the Galaxy S. Even without Froyo, it comes with a mobile wifi hotspot. Swype is also included. There is also a neat app bundle with it, like Aldiko ereader, though I have not tried AllShare yet.

The TouchWiz UI feels like a lame and tacky attempt to imitate the iPhone UI, but it does have the best notification bar and lock screen design of all the Android phones I know.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also read it was announced today that the Galaxy-S will be getting Froyo fairly quickly, but does that mean the Captivate will also get it when the Galaxy-S gets it?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It should.

Would have been nice if the AT&T version came with an LED Flash and a front facing camera......but that might be too much competition for the iPhone 4. Either way, I will have both.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information