Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Apple iPhone 3G [S] vs. Sprint HTC Evo

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/h...perphone-armo/

HTC Evo Sprints first 4G phone.

• 480 x 800 4.3-inch TFT LCD,
    • Snapdragon QSD8650 1GHz processor under the hood (the CDMA version of the QSD8250 in the HD2 and Nexus One)
    • 1GB of built-in memory and 512MB of RAM
    • 8 megapixel monstrosity with flash, that's capable of 720p video, and is augmented by a 1.3 megapixel front facing camera for good measure.
    • HDMI out
    • 802.11b/g WiFi, and an 8GB microSD card.
    • Sprint's first 4G phone.

Everything I want in an iPhone and it's on Sprint. Time to switch? I think so.

Discuss

4G coverage is the pits. There is a tower within .5 miles and coverage is still poor. Putting the laptop on the floor will drop the signal completely, but having it on the arm of the couch nets 3 bars all with a laptop stick. A handheld phone? Forget about it.. they really should've skipped that and released this now without it.

AT&T/VZ will be getting the same type of phone for sure, sans "4G"

Yeah, I'm not really impressed by the 4G, they can't even do calls/data at the same time! Fail. Everything else makes me drool.

If the iPhone 4 doesn't have HDMI or front facing camera, HELLO SPRINT!

I was thinking the same thing. With rare exceptions, HTC is not prone to releasing phones that don't appear on other carriers. That said, the phone is a beast.

I get 3.5 Mbps on my iPhone speedtest. What speeds are we talking with 4G?

HDMI out is worth it. I wont have to haul my laptop when I want to watch movies between rooms. Maybe the HD3 will have it????

Apple better have something really nice planned for the next iPhone update. I cant really see anything being much better than what Sprint announced today. 4G coverage will get better in time. I hear over seas WiMax is really taking off and doing great, i believe its only a matter of time before it does the same thing here in the states. i look at 4G just being icing on the cake because here in Chicago, Sprints 3G is widespread and blazing fast. Apple better refresh the iphone OS and come out with a phone with a larger high def screen, and.... lets just say Apple better bring it because this phone is looking very tempting.

I'm sure that the phone may be exclusive to Sprint for a while, also when it goes to Verizon and AT&T I'm sure it will lose tons of features, namely the front facing camera.

Somehow I just cannot think of using an iPhone without a JB.... It really helps in many situations for me to be able to run things parallely - an example is running Navigon, take a quick phone call and go back to Navigon WITHOUT any delay and without getting lost.

I probably will have to ditch an iPhone if my current one fails as its not Jailbreakable with the new firmwares!

Granted this phone is a beast...your locked down to one carrier (sprint).

Also, 4G is hella fast (10x faster then 3g)...thing is...can you catch a strong enough signal to keep the connection going?

Here where I live, 4G isn't even remotely close to being released...yet, the Sprint stores all around town are preaching about how 4G is possible

Time to make the change then. HDMI is seriously against Apple's design philosophy, and a front-facing camera is doubtful (though not impossible.. the 5G Nano took me by surprise).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information