Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

E72 firmware 52.005.244.02..not quite there yet.

well, after trying to go back to the E72 with new firmware, i find that voicemails are showing up with the txt msg icon, and there is no announcement of a voicemail. the indicator light doesn't flash, and i don't get a vibration either.

back to the E71, this firmware upgrade is WORSE. perhaps by the time the iPhone8 is out, there will be a stable firmware for the E72. glad i carried the 71 on this trip.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My only complaint is that I'm getting more "Low memory errors". I'd still take the e72 over the e71. Battery life and laptop battery charging (while I'm tethering) is something that I can't live without...

Uh, my battery life is horrendous for some reason. Did a full 3-finger salute yesterday and will reinstall firmware today. It might just be a battery problem but this is crazy. Either way, back on the N900 for now. UX owns the E72 despite tolerating EDGE.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could it be the camera module? I recall seeing something about the camera module causing this.

I swear I am going to stop trying to convert back to the 72, it has cost me much much more in lost sales over the various firmware revs than I paid for it. Instead of a business phone, it is more of an anti-business phone....

ok, that was an e71 with the camera problem...

I know the E71 caused a number of issues with camera module, but hadn't heard that on E72. The E72 sat idle for a while waiting for this update and I've been running Australian code on it as that was the only version of v51 that worked well enough for me. I will see how this next reset goes and then try the battery from my E71. Will see how this goes.

as far as i could tell reading the changelog, the issue with voicemail showing up as txt messages is actually a regression to an earlier problem. the stuff that this firmware update screwed up are all things that should have easily showed up on a 3 day beta test (shame on me for trying it out of the box as i left on a trip, put enough 3k hits against it and i will learn eventually).

on a positive note, the version 5 firmware on the E71 is the most stable yet, it makes the phone truly a joy to use. my only issue is that email pull doesn't work consistently, that may be the access point issue or something else, i will have to decide if it is worth delving back into it AGAIN...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information