Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Femtocell that works with Cricket

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone on here knows of a femtocell device that will work with Cricket Wireless phones? I've searched for answers on here and through google...but no luck.

Aside from the supposed universal MagicJack femtocell that is still pending release who-knows-when, is there another current device that will help me get a stronger signal in my house? Btw, I'm in an AWS market....so I'm guessing the device may need to be tri-band compatible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cricket does not offer a femtocell. Other carriers femtocells will not work with Cricket phones. Also boosters/repeaters will not work as they don't support the AWS banRAB(1.7Ghz/2.1Ghz)

If you are on one of the newer plans you should be able to roam on Sprint if you don't have Cricket Coverage.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The problem with my situation is that I live precisely on the outermost edge of my market's native Cricket coverage. My phone picks up a very marginal Cricket signal so it naturally gravitates toward it. The problem is, the signal is so weak that it drops calls all the time if I try to use it in my house. Many times it doesn't even ring and senRAB callers straight to voicemail.

If I go about 1 or 2 blocks north, there is no Cricket signal and my phone gets 5 bars of excellent Sprint partner coverage. Unfortunately the marginal native Cricket signal gets preferential treatment simply because it's there and Cricket phones don't have a force roam feature....at least not mine.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's really annoying when you're at a spot like that! I had it happen to me when I had MetroPCS. I was using a tower far away, and I was always getting dropped calls. I looked like an idiot walking outside to take a phone call. Then, Cricket came, which was a free roaming partner. But, since my phone still had native MetroPCS service, it wouldn't use Cricket. So, I had to basically take my hand, cover the antenna, put the phone at the corner of my bed and wall, and get it to use Cricket. As soon as it went on Cricket, I had to place a call, and then I could walk around. I got tired of playing with the phone and eventually switched to Cricket. It is annoying though. It would be nice if there was a "force roam" feature, but there isn't. There would probably be many people abusing it if there was. I mean, why use Cricket, if Sprint is usually stronger?

You could always try different repeaters. Just be sure to look at reviews and see if anyone on the forum has them. They can get expensive though unfortunately.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

He is in a AWS market no repeaters AFAIK support AWS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information