Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Philip R

What happens to High School Drop Outs?

I was shocked to discover that the City of Chicago's public school system has a drop out rate of over 50%. http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2006-06-20-dropout-rates_x.htmWhat happens to those people?I've found it difficult to get a decent job, and I have B.A. I'm told that a liberal arts degree is now worth what a high school diploma was back in 1950's.Industry has been declining in America since the late 1960's so there aren't that many factory jobs. I'd imagine ever those jobs would want a high school diploma.The military won't take someone who hasn't finished high school either.Where do those people go?

!!amy nicole!!

They come on yahoo?

teeewalk

the sorry *ss Army does.

teebeex3

They either:1.) Decide to go back and get their GED and possibly a college education and therefore they become well functioning members of society.2.) They sell dope.3.) They work fast food, department stores, etc.4.) They start out at an entry level job at like Wal-Mart or a fast food place and work their way up to management.5.) They live on welfare by claiming disability, etc.

!!amanday trick!!

Hopefully they realize they made a mistake and go back to school. Get SOMETHING.

TEE-Boen

they start working at shitty jobs like mcdonalds and burger king. or maybe even worse. and they stay on welfare and food stamps cuz they wont be able to afford any place to live.

TeeHee

McDonalds.

!!!

A bachelor's isn't worthless. It can lead to med school or law school. I'm getting a bachelor's not only for a career in administration but also because I can use it to apply to law school. A diploma means nothing nowadays.

teejay7175

The ones I know are wanna be rappers, been wanna be rappers for the past 15 years since high school, babies mamas at home on welfare, or just living with someone who is taking care of them.

!Catherineee.

Some join the military, some get piss-poor jobs, some get their GEDS and go on, some turn to gangs, some eventually finish, some sell drugs, some commit suicide, and others become multi-millionaires (not that often).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information