Ok so I went to my Local fish store and am always curious to seee what is in their sumps.. so I stuck my head under the shelf to look and I saw a vlamingi tang. so I asked to buy it and they said 5 bucks. (because of the condition of it)..

I said I want it, and they said ok and it should take about 4 months for everything to heal if everything goes well. Is that true? hes in a 145 gallon tank right now at about 8.5-9 inches.

Is it possible that the things on his body that look like ick can be scars? cause the LFS said it might be.. but its on his eyes and skin so Idk..

He is eating like a pig and everything..

(i guess they said that the origonal owner said it was in a 40 gallon tank before and the LFS said he probably is about 4-5 years old.)

thanks!!

PS:::: I DID A FRESHWATER DIP AFTER I PUT HIM IN THERE AND NOTICED THE ICK OR SCARS.. THEY HAVENT IMPROVED SO I AM THINKING THEY ARE SCARS

Oh and the front half of the top part of the fin is missing the thin fin part. It has the prongs that are there still.. (idk if that made since) but will it grow back good?