I parked my 2000 Honda Civic in the airport for 1 week (outside parking lot, temperature -10C to +2 C over that period). When I was leaving the airport it was -10C, my car was covered in snow so I had heat going full blast, defroster at the back, and a few things plugged in into the car charger + hi beams on and driving... about 5 min into the drive suddenly as something has snapped, speedometer light went dim (still on but dim) the hi-beams went dim and battery light came on. I turned off everything from defrosting to hi-beams in order to get home and ended up driving like that for 20 min. My battery light flickers: as i give gas it goes away, as I release gas or idle at a stop it comes back on, when I am in park it is faint to none... I have checked the fuse #15 and it is intact, I took it to the shop where the mechanic 15 min later told me it is my battery (even though it is less then 2 yrs old), they have tested an alternator (which is 4 month old) and said that it works fine and all I need is a new battery. I have put in a new battery and it did not solve my problem, any suggestions? (as so far for those 15 min I spent $100, as I live in a little town and mechanics kinda have a monopoly ... Any help will be appreciated. Thank you guys.
One of the first things that I did was checking the battery connection. I did not check the "ground wire" if you think that is what it is can you please let me know where it is so I can check it and does it run from -ve of the battery
about the belt, it seems running "ok" does not make an noise when I look at it. Also, the car is parked in heated garage now...