( I thought I'd ask online since I won't have an opportunity to call Fido till later. I asked on the Fido forum, but now I get an error message that they are having connection problems).

My phone is the Samsung Galaxy Q.

Sorry, I don't know what APN is :]

I can make/take calls, but there's no internet connection.

(By the way: my old phone is an LG Neon. I've had the account forever, always on a month-to-month, no contract and my internet connection is via daily- or weekly data pass. I just put the SIM card back in it, and my weekly data pass is still active).

On the new phone, if I try to go to the 'net by clicking the icon I'm taken to Fido (aka Rogers) and told to get a "valid mobile internet option". When I try to purchase a data pass it says it's having trouble processing it.

I don't know if this is related: do I HAVE to have a Google account for it to work? I'm not a fan, but when I want to check Fido by using the "My account" icon it prompts me to set up a Google account. If I MUST have Google, I guess the phone goes back

(AFTER TYPING THIS REPLY...and waiting for Fido to let me log onto the forum again...: I *was* able to follow to my account via the error message. Surprisingly, there it shows my purchases, which include the week data pass AND the day pass purchased yesterday which it said it hadn't processed!

As a side note, could anyone answer this (this kind of cell is new to me) -- even though it tells me I can't connect to the net, the "internet" shows up on the list of active apps. Actually a few things keep coming up as active and I keep ending them.)