Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hard reset of cricket txtm8 phone

I bought this total piece of garbage since my flashed Q was having coverage issues while travelling. i tried to return it and they said you cant return it if you have used it for more than half an hour. i was stunned. how do you perform a hard reset on this piece of garbage so they wont know how long i have used it. which was like an hour and a half by the way.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

:^/ Have you tried using QPST, CDMA Workshop, et. al. on it?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

no i was hoping there was an easy way to hard reset this thing. im just a beginner but i will try qpst yes thanks. cricket said i have to have used no more than 30 minutes to return the phone, can i reset the minutes used counter in qpst

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There should be a way to do a master reset of the phone through the phone menu. I do need to add my comment though. I think it is morally wrong for you to buy a phone for the reason you stated then try to reset it back to like new and return it. In my personal opinion that is theft in many ways. It's like buying a car driving 1000 miles then setting the odometer back and returning the card 2 days later and saying you just don't want it.
    Also you might and might not be able to do a reset through QPST or workshop.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think this is also wrong since I not only own three stores, but I also think it's considered theft. Also since you have already gone to the store there are probably notes on the account, and from what I hear corporate stores can look at you account and see how many minutes you have used since you changed the esn.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

they never told me what the warranty was when i bought the phone. never in my wildest imaginings would i think the warranty was half an hour. when i took it back to where i bought it they said we dont deal in returns at all, go to a corporate store. they didnt even look at it. when i went to the corporate store they said we cant help you at all, there are no returns for that phone. what is morally wrong is atrocious customer service. what is morally wrong is for cricket to make a smart phone with a talk life of about an hour. there are no notes on my phone because noone ever tried to help me

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i want to return this garbage phone after using it for an hour and im the bad guy???? I USED IT FOR AN HOUR

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

theft, you know what this i like, its like buying a car and not talking about the warranty, when the guy comes back the next day you tell him, ya the warranty was 100 miles, you drive it 250 miles, sorry

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i did not buy this phone just for the trip i was on, i actually blew up the internet access on my Q trying to put GPS on it i was gonna keep it if it wasnt a total piece. i had to go and get a tmobile account

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You aren't returning it because it is defective, you are returning it because you just don't want it. They need to draw the line somewhere. Why do you think they are obligated to take a non defective phone back after you have already used it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information