I've been asking a LOT of questions in regards to my Jeep that I seem to have a few issues with but every question that I've asked has led to some good advice and helpful tips that I've used to correct issues so its very much appreciated.

Now for a while I've had a sporadic starting problem with my jeep.....most of the time, I would turn the key and it starts right up. Sometimes the first time I go to start the vehicle it trys to kick over but it just won't so after a second or two, I release the key...wait a few seconds, turn it again and it kicks right over no problem and starts up.

This happens once in a while and its weird because it never just doesn't start...it always starts, if not on the first try---then the second it surely does.

I started out small with a friend who knows a good amount about fixing cars and we changed out the spark plugs to no avail. Yesterday we put in a newer starter and I went ahead and purchased a new battery because I was about due for one anyways.

Upon completion of the installation of the parts, the vehicle started right up and sounded better than I remember it during startup, I was pleased.

I've driven it a few times today, no problem but then this evening.....I turned the key and it tried to crank over but once again, couldn't quite get there....second turn of the key and it turned right on.

I guess it could be the alternator but I don't think it is because its holding a charge just fine.....its just the kicking over once in a while that has me perplexed.

So to recap, I've changed the spark plugs, starter and just put in a brand new battery....any other ideas as to why this continues to happen once in a while?

Thanks