Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    dave s

Why did Jack Straw go over a prison officials head and allow Jack Tweed to miss curfew?

Does he regularly do other peoples jobs for them, or only when it affects celebrities.

Clearly the person who made the decision had all the facts to hand and decided Jack should still be kept to his curfew. So why did a politician wade in and undermine him?
    non-cockney rebel - Uhhh, did you not read the bit about an official who had ALL the facts who still decided he shouldnt have his curfew listed. Do you think he really missed the part that she was dying from cancer when he came to his conclusion.

anne s
    exceptional circumstances are passed for prisoners all the time
    they got married today ,time is running out for jade
    why would anybody begrudge a man his wedding night with his teterminally ill bride

give them a break and allow them to enjoy what happyness they have left

Athena
    It makes a change from protecting terrorists.

Joyful97
    Yes I agree with the answerer above, it's exceptional circumstances, and for one night only!

If it was a member of jo-public in Jades situation then the same could apply to the husband-to-be, and it would have never made the papers, so this sorts of thing maybe happens more than you know!

And I hope that the day went well for Jade and Jack, and wish them both all the best over the coming weeks and beyond.

non-cockney rebel
    apparently it is discretionary to allow curfews to be suspended in this way ....in exceptional circumstances

i'd say the imminent death of the bride was exceptional enough....wouldn't you?

but these people are not the first or the last to get exceptions to curfews.....

and the groom is a thug ....not a terrorist....and unlikely to abscond on his way home from the mosque (for example)

David H
    All the guy did was smash someones head in with a golf club! Come on have some compassion. He`s probably a nice person really, just like his wife.

Paul S
    Mr Straw is in effect the boss of the prison officials of which you speak. It's his job to make decisions like this and for prison officials to do as they are told. It's the same for all civil servants.

I certainly wouldn't describe Mr Straw as 'undermining him'. Ignoring his advice maybe but undermining implies that Straw didn't have the right to pull rank, which he clearly has and did!

hog b
    He's scared of the popular press.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information