Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bitchMfuck

The Truth about Harvard Law.?

This question only applies to those who know what their talking about...

Im not even in high school and im already worried about colledge. People everywhere tell me that if I really do want to follow my dream and go to Harvard law, that I better get like straight As because they look at your grades from like 1st grade through 12th grade. I have personally always done good in school, except this one year, 8th grade.

Is it possible that if I get pretty much only As and Bs in high school that Harvard will still except?
    :/

Erika the VT
    Trust me darling.... middle school means NOTHING. High school is what the colleges look at, especially the Ivy League universities. Just don't screw up in high school... take it from me, I regret not doing well, everyday.

Gumby
    You have to have straight A's to go to Harvard especially if you're coming from public school. You also need to take ALL the AP courses your high school offers and get A's (without the weight) in those courses. Beyond that, you need to have excellent SAT and ACT scores. You also need to excel in at least one extracurricular activity. It helps to be in student government (and not just something small like a home room rep). You also need to be in the National Honors Society and all those other groups. You need to have excellent recommendations from at least 2 teachers.

You should talk to your high school guidance counselor a few weeks before your freshman year so they can help you map out a plan.

science chick
    You don't go straight into Law school from high school. And you do kind of need at least a 4.0 plus something that really makes you want to stand out if you want to go to Harvard for undergrad, and I would imagine they have equally high standards for their Law school if not higher.

gutbucket
    Take my word for it, you're not Harvard Law material.

Andrew K
    Any law school will be much more concerned with your undergraduate work and LSAT scores than your performance in high school. Most law schools don't even ask for your high school transcripts let alone middle school transcripts.

Steel Rain
    If you're a clueless, helpless, victim of the white man's system you'll get a scholarship.

Rod B
    Kid, you have a lot of work to do before you can begin to think about Harvard!
    Pay attention through out school, maintain your grades, volunteer, and become a good citizen and colleges (even the Ivy League ones) will make a path to your door.

Andrew K
    Any law school will be much more concerned with your undergraduate work and LSAT scores than your performance in high school. Most law schools don't even ask for your high school transcripts let alone middle school transcripts.

Steel Rain
    If you're a clueless, helpless, victim of the white man's system you'll get a scholarship.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information