Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

City Water...Is it dirty water?

I just moved into this place..I shower every day, sometimes twice a day and my water is making my hair look oily! What should I do?? I have used clarifying shampoos. What could be wrong with the water??
    There is no odd smell or taste to the water from what I have experienced. I certainly do not drink the water. It is driving me nuts; I cannot even wear my hair down!

BeachBum818
    Well believe it or not but NYC has the best tap water in the country. It was found to have the least contaminates in it as well as having no after taste. They said it was due to it being the least treated water, meaning they didn't really have to process the water or add any chemicals except for the necessary Chlorine and Fluoride. NYC water comes from reservoirs in upstate NY, so the water is extremely clean.

Are you getting your water from the city or a well? If its from a well you can have hard water. Is there any odd smell or taste from the water?

gypsy g
    Depends on the City. Every county and/or city facility goes through water quality checks and the results are public record.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information