Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

DO YOU know this Little known Fact about Perl Harbor?

So I was watching the History Channel and they were showing this special on Perl Harbor a long time ago... and one of the things that they said that is fact is:

The Japanese actually sent a letter or telegram or whatever to the White House proclaiming they were going to attack Perl Harbor and be ready 2-3 hours before the actual assault, BUT thanks to the Inept baboons in the White House, it took them over 4 hours to translate the letter, than send it all on over... ( that is the official story )
    Sadly BY that time the attack was already under way and the Japanese were under the impression that the Americans were equipped and ready to fight.. It was never meant to be a sneak attack.....
    it was supposed to be an honorable fight, because Honor was a VERY big part of Japanese culture back then.

It was still a horrible day, but I wonder if the Letter had gotten through in time, would the world be different today or that day be different? and could the politicians have anything to do with the letter getting there so late?

What are your thoughts?
    Wtf this isn't an assumption this is FACT. It was on the History Channel, and trust me they know History.
    sorry was typing fast didn't see... Pearl harbor...
    LOL barracuda, " don't be a punk n call the UN"

RJR
    I do know the better known fact of how to spell Pearl Harbor.

I also know that the message sent to the Japanese ambassadors was encoded. It took more time than expected to DECODE the message- not translate the message.

You most likely saw something on the history channel that told this story but since it was such a long time ago I'm guessing your recollection is just a bit hazy.

J. H Christ some people simply need to hit the books again! The Japanese were given the chance to surrender TWICE before the first bomb was dropped. They were give the chance two more times before the second. They finally did when asked a fifth time.

But I guess since we're the only nation who's used an atomic warhead in a war that makes Uncle Sam a global thermonuclear playboy. Good times!

Any question that mentions "baboons in the White House" is fine by me,

robert c
    The message ordering the Japanese fleet to attack Pearl Harbor had been intercepted and decoded by American spies. The official explanation was that somebody forgot to stamp "urgent" on the communique relaying the message.

smsmith500
    Actually I think its spelled Pearl Harbor. And the telegram was sent to the Japanese embassy to be delivered to the State Dept. It didn't mention an attack, all it did was break off diplomatic relations. We had no idea where the Japanese fleet was, all the radio traffic (which proved to be false) showed them to still be in their Home waters.

Answer Man
    yes i think so.

Tom W
    In those day things moved much much slower than today with all the modern technology.

Even with all the modern Technology today look at how slow the government is acting on things now.

Compare apples to apples and that letter was going much faster than what we have today.

Anyone can start a conspiracy theory on anything these day and people seem to enjoy jumping on it only to be proven wrong in the long run.

justm399
    The US poked and prodded the Japanese until they finally attacked us, thereby ensuring public support for entry into the war.

At the end, we pretty much refused to talk with them until we got our chance to try out the two new toys for boys on not one but TWO cities full of civilians.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Was Al Gore narrating the program? You got part of the story right, but 99% of it is wrong. It was meant to be a surprise attack. The japanese was told to have total radio silence on their way to Pearl Harbor. Where did you get this japanese honor thing?? They were the most blood thirsty, cruel people of their time.

Barracuda
    Here was the actual message:

TO: FDR, USA

Yo what up G, we comin' to battle yo ass! December 7, Pearl Harbor, in da morning, you and ya homies better get ya gats up, we gon' war on ya y'all!

Don't be a punk-bitch and call the League of Nations, let's settle dis like G's.

Word out.

Tojo...

Nippon East Sida G's.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information