Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Arwen

Atheists only. How do you judge right from wrong with no moral code?

Always wondered about that. Atheists, If you were all placed on a land with no laws, no courts, no prisons, would anything prevent you from acting in a uncivil manner? Would anything go if there was no grounds for a moral conscience? Describe what your world would be like please. I'm at a loss for comprehending that.
    Since I asked, I'm not giving anyone thumbs down because I really wanted to hear what you had to say to express yourself.
    I believe that God gave everyone a conscience to KNOW what is right and wrong in their heart and mind. What they do with that is a matter of their free will that God gave us.
    Rom 2:15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,

Heb 8:10 "FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS, AND I WILL WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS. AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.

Sweet Voltaire
    No, of course not. Humans have a built-in moral system. Have you ever noticed that as soon as a woman sees a baby, she swoons and calls it adorable? Or that if you see somebody fall, you go up to them and see if they're ok? There are no laws telling us to do those things. They are genetic traits that come with having advanced frontal lobes.

Bumble Bear
    Don't be a dickhead?

Nazgul King
    I feel very sorry for you. So you believe that those who don't believe in your beliefs, your bible and your god have no morals? You believe that goodness and correct morals only comes from your god?

Kjelstad 3.0
    we would rationally enact laws while the christards stoned each other to death

Ever wonder how people survived before your religion came about?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wow. is this a serious question.

is the bible the only thing keeping you from raping, killing and stealing? maybe, you're the one who has no morals.

it takes morals to see that what the bible teaches is wrong.

ever hear of the law, compassion, and the golden rule?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It looks like you're at a loss for comprehending lots of things. Don't expect me to fix that.

So if you didn't believe in a god, you would lose all your morals?

Tell you what, mate... you stick with your delusion. I don't want to see what you'd be like without it.

We sane people will continue to follow the SOCIAL CONTRACT of the human race. Look up that term and read about it.

neil s
    Read the ethical stage theory of Lawrence Kohlberg. You're asking from level four, I'm answering from level six.

respect and the ability to get along with others

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information