Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

is it be possible to charge the battery of an electric bike motor using the

rotation of the tire while pedling? Maybe I have a new idea that I can copyright but I highly doubt it. I know it would be simple to build but require alot of time and tinkering to perfect it. They have electric assist motors for bicycles that can maintain a constant speed of 20 MPH and have a range of nearly 100 miles. Those are the expensive ones though. In most peoples price ranges their options are around 12 MPH and a 30 mile range. It is still pretty acceptable but it still requires being plugged in to charge. yes you could use a solar panel or a wind turbine to charge it but that too costs an excessive amount of money. Now onto the question. In the Toyota Prius they have Regenerative braking, using motor-generators, which converts kinetic energy of motion into electrical energy that is stored in the traction battery and reduces wear on the brake pads. Couldnt this be used on the bicycle to create energy to be stored in the battery? Also you may only want to use the engine as a power assist for going up hills of when you are tired from peddling, couldnt you somehow store the energy from the rotation of the tire in the battery?

The amount you would recover from a light vehicle like a bicycle is pretty minimal during regenerative braking.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information